My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been shopping for a tractor for some time now and have missed a few deals mostly because I'm cheap, and I overthink things. :)

Anyway, the latest option is one from a friend of my dad's.

He's got a 2008 Deere 2305 with the 200 CX loader and 62" mowing Deck. It's got about 500 hours and he's asking right at $8,000.

I've been reading a lot about how much improved the 1025 was from the 2305.

First, is this a good price?
Second, will I regret not buying a newer model?

I've got 10 acres. About 3 acres gets mowed. I'll be using this for general chores around the place. No huge projects planned. Just things like maintaining the gravel drive (~1300'), moving trailers, dealing with fallen branches from all the trees, moving mulch, gravel, etc.

Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just sold my 2006 2305, 490 hours, with 62C deck and 54 inch QH angling blade for $4,200. Dealer offered $4,000 on trade-in on a 2025R. I could have held out for more but didn't want to deal with ads, rubber checks, etc.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
So I've been shopping for a tractor for some time now and have missed a few deals mostly because I'm cheap, and I overthink things. :)

Anyway, the latest option is one from a friend of my dad's.

He's got a 2008 Deere 2305 with the 200 CX loader and 62" mowing Deck. It's got about 500 hours and he's asking right at $8,000.

I've been reading a lot about how much improved the 1025 was from the 2305.

First, is this a good price?
Second, will I regret not buying a newer model?

I've got 10 acres. About 3 acres gets mowed. I'll be using this for general chores around the place. No huge projects planned. Just things like maintaining the gravel drive (~1300'), moving trailers, dealing with fallen branches from all the trees, moving mulch, gravel, etc.

Thanks to everyone.
I would try and get the price down to 6000 or 7000.

I have no regrets with my 2305, but ignorance is bliss.

If you put tire chains on it, the 3 pt hitch makes for a good log skidder, even goes uphill with no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts