My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new/never used Lawnboy 22243 that has been sitting in my basement since 2005. I bought it as a backup and have never needed it. 2 questions. Is it a collectible? What is it worth on ebay? The 22243 has the 3 speed s/p and has the Briggs engine on it. It still has the staggered deck. Thanks.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
A good looking one had a reserve on ebay of $400 and the final bid was in the $300 range. I'm not sure what it would bring... only one way to find out.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I would like to find one of them someday.. I'd say they are collectable

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you ebayed it, I imagine it would fetch less than you paid for it assuming you paid at least 75% of retail price. It isn't collectable now, but I imagine it will be in a few years.

-dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still have the original receipt saying I paid $699 + tax. I will probably just keep it on the shelf. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
i agree with dave-not yet collectable but will be. i almost bought a new one on closeout for 600$ recently(my dealer had a few leftovers) but the onle thing that stopped me was the briggs quantum while a decent motor is very prone to bad oil leaks (around the dipstick). if i ever see a used one-i would prob buy it but they are VERY rare around here. i have known several comm users that love them and actually prefer them to the duraforce as being more reliable.

·
Old engine addict
292 Posts
i agree with dave-not yet collectable but will be. i almost bought a new one on closeout for 600$ recently(my dealer had a few leftovers) but the onle thing that stopped me was the briggs quantum while a decent motor is very prone to bad oil leaks (around the dipstick). if i ever see a used one-i would prob buy it but they are VERY rare around here. i have known several comm users that love them and actually prefer them to the duraforce as being more reliable.
A 10 cent O-ring will fix that leak... I personally have never seen one leak (have two in the garage right now)

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
yea a new o ring will fix that leak -foe a few days. the vibration tears them apart in no time at all. the dipstick tube isnt mounted firmly enough to the side of the engine. techumche had this same prob but they actually fixed it by adding additional bracing to the tube. briggs has ignored the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts