My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this mower in the attic of my out building for 20 years. It is missing one wheel adjuster, 4 wheels, has what I would call weak spark and 35 lb compression. I haven't used a push mower in 15 years and don't intend to but if it would not cost much to fix it I would like to.
Cannon51

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I've had this mower in the attic of my out building for 20 years. It is missing one wheel adjuster, 4 wheels, has what I would call weak spark and 35 lb compression. I haven't used a push mower in 15 years and don't intend to but if it would not cost much to fix it I would like to.
Cannon51
How do you define "worth"? If you like tinkering and rebuilding i'd say it'd be an easy relaxing build and reconditioning. I have no doubt you'd sell it afterwards-won't win the lottery with the $$ but it'd make someone a nice push mower.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
If the mower means something to you, yes, restore it. You can find a used shortblock (or repair the one you have), fix the ignition, find some wheels from someone (ebay, or me), get a height adjuster and you're in business. Those little 19's are great to mow with (even though you might not, still cool to have).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have like thirty of those wheel adjusters. I'll give one to bob so he can sell it to you along with the wheels....

:duh:

·
4,275 Posts
I would like to see some more detailed pictures.
It looks like the deck is dinged in the one picture.
If you get pleasure from restoring a great machine then,
go for it. If not, someone will buy it.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to see some more detailed pictures.
It looks like the deck is dinged in the one picture.
If you get pleasure from restoring a great machine then,
go for it. If not, someone will buy it.
It does look like a piece of the frame is missing in the second picture but it's just where the paint has been worn off. I can't find any bad places in the frame but I probably need to pressure wash it to be sure. I guess what I was looking for was a estimate of cost to fix it vs what it would be worth. Just the cost of adjuster, wheels, points- condenser and a set of rings which I figure is the least it needs.
20 years ago I was buying every non running aluminum frame mower I came across at yard sales and flea markets. I still have 3 Craftsman, 2 Toro, 1 Snapper and one steel frame Craftsman plus this Lawn-Boy.
I plan to keep the 2 Toros and the Snapper because they were given to me by friends who have passed. If the Lawn-Boy has any value to someone here as is that works for me, I have plenty to work on.
Cannon51

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Doesn't look broken on the left side there. I haven't seen anyone reference that area of the deck before, so I'll call it a scuff plate, or a wear plate, that little bit of extra casting on the side that rubs against things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts