My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be redoing a vintage suburban or other vintage GT in the near future and was just gathering resources. So I was wondering if there is a place to get reproduction decals or stickers if I need them. Anyone reproduce them yourselves? Is there a good place to see high detail images?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty experienced with Adobe Illustrator so making vectors from images and reproductions myself is pretty easy but then I'd need to find a sign shop that would print some up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Theres a guy on ebay that sells many decals for engines and I think sells some Sears/Craftsman decals also. I don't know his username on ebay but if you find him you could email him and ask.

Nick

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
I am working on making myown for my sears... Gonna TRY laminating them, and gluing them on somehow... what i have so far (all done in MS PAINT)

16-6 left.JPG

16-6 right.JPG

Sears right.JPG

gt_18.JPG

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spent a little time making this one from one of your pictures. It is a .jpg but i did it in Illustrator so it can be size and it uses a format that most printers can use. Anyway, I think I'll be making my own when the time comes.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
If you guys want to make and print your own, you can buy blank bummer sticker sheets or vinyl at the locale office supply. You can also buy clear lam to put over the top.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I spent a little time making this one from one of your pictures. It is a .jpg but i did it in Illustrator so it can be size and it uses a format that most printers can use. Anyway, I think I'll be making my own when the time comes.

I am impressed.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I like the idea of making them yourself. Im sure the pros want a lot to make reproduction decals but haven't got that close to finishing any of my Sears tractors yet, to get a price on what they would charge.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts

wow looks good. prolly better than mine :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow looks good. prolly better than mine :(
Sorry man, don't be sad lol.....I just have alot of time on this program so this stuff really isn't too hard for me. Yours look great and I admit I don't have the patience to do something like this in paint.:fing32: If you want that file i'll e-mail it all to you.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Sorry man, don't be sad lol.....I just have alot of time on this program so this stuff really isn't too hard for me. Yours look great and I admit I don't have the patience to do something like this in paint.:fing32: If you want that file i'll e-mail it all to you.
I'd love it :) I spent most of my time trying to find a font that was close, then i had to connect the "G" and "T" together, shrink, stretch, etc etc...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, if you give me good, square, big pictures of the others you want I'll do those up too when I get some time. And if you can get a better close-up of where it says horsepower on this one I'll make that more accurately. Send me a PM with your e-mail

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Well, if you give me good, square, big pictures of the others you want I'll do those up too when I get some time. And if you can get a better close-up of where it says horsepower on this one I'll make that more accurately. Send me a PM with your e-mail
done- pm sent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts