My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This won't last long if it's for real...

Gravely Pro 2 Wheel Tractor w/attachments - $950 (N. Whitehall Township)

Gravely Model 41906 12 hp 2 wheel tractor in excellent condition. Used less than 400 hours total. Kohler cast iron M12 engine with new carburetor. Gravely Pro has electric start and steering tiller options. Accessories include Gravely 25120, 40 inch, two blade mower deck, also in excellent condition, Gravely 20981, 2 stage snowblower attachment in good, serviceable condition and Amerind-Mackissic convertible Mighty Mac chipper/shredder capable of chipping up to 3 1/2" to 4" limbs. Chipper/shredder is also in good, serviceable condition. Full operations manuals, parts lists, etc. are included for Gravely Pro and all attachments.

Nice...

Link in the Ebay/Craigslist forum...
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=305034

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Very nice tractor - when new, the mowing deck cost more than the seller's asking price. Certainly not beat up and it has the 1st generation OPS system, with the safety levers instead of the grip inserts, which are sturdier.

·
Registered
285 Posts
She's a peach! I only ran it a little, but seems to be in a great state of tune. If I use a lot of steering brake, it seems to buck some. I'll have to play with the ranges some to see if there is any swiftomatic fine-tuning needed.

The chipper is in good nick. The blower too, other than needing some paint.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
They are multiplying..... maybe you shouldn't leave them alone in the shed together..... :D

On second thought... maybe you Should?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Congratulations. That sure is a beauty of a machine and I'm glad to see it go to someone who obviously appreciates them. Great looking set of tractors in the second photo too. :fing32:

·
Registered
285 Posts
The seller was actually the original owner. He gave me his binder with all the manuals, product literature and original bill of sale dated 5/21/1989. The machine gave him 24 years of faithful service and he was only selling because he was moving to a retirement community where they do the groundskeeping for you.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
The seller was actually the original owner. He gave me his binder with all the manuals, product literature and original bill of sale dated 5/21/1989. The machine gave him 24 years of faithful service and he was only selling because he was moving to a retirement community where they do the groundskeeping for you.
I guess it goes with out saying, hang on to that machine. Obviously he cared for it greatly. Those original owner tractors are getting harder and harder to find.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
That's one of the neatest things about a great sale - when the original owner hands you the original documentation. Whether older L/C's or newer 5000's or Pros, those are tractors you feel more inclined to hang on to.

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
I feel more inclined to hang-on to and care for tractors that I buy from widows whose husbands spent their whole lives wanting to own a Gravely and when they finally did, they cherished them. These are the special ones to me...kind of like Private Malone's 66 Corvette if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Used it to cut the grass a few times so far. I really like the kidney mower. It's easier to maneuver than the Comm 40. It's not as heavily built, but still much more stout than most equipment out there. Clippings discharge at higher speed and spread out nicer. The blades are less exposed than in the Comm 40.

The Comm 40 would greatly excel over the kidney if cutting overgrown grass. It has a lot more free space under the deck. It wouldn't look very nice, but would tax the engine less than the kidney.

The gearbox oozed a little grease, but I think the PO probably packed it with more grease before sale and it probably expanded with use.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Used it to cut the grass a few times so far. I really like the kidney mower. It's easier to maneuver than the Comm 40. It's not as heavily built, but still much more stout than most equipment out there. Clippings discharge at higher speed and spread out nicer. The blades are less exposed than in the Comm 40.

The Comm 40 would greatly excel over the kidney if cutting overgrown grass. It has a lot more free space under the deck. It wouldn't look very nice, but would tax the engine less than the kidney.

The gearbox oozed a little grease, but I think the PO probably packed it with more grease before sale and it probably expanded with use.
That kidney mower is far from lightweight though. Have you tried picking that attachment up to this point? What makes the kidney mower feel lighter, IMO, is the quick-hitch assembly and its connection to a big-block Kohler, which provides a "lift" feeling/perception. I believe the deck is relatively stout for its size and I agree it does a nice job cutting.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree - The Kidney is built well. I don't worry about it's durability. I think the biggest difference in the handling of the Kidney is the larger caster wheels and the fact that the Comm 40's skids would always create some drag while turning. Not against the ground, but against the turf.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts