My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are thinking about selling our tractor. Question is, can we get what we owe on it? We owe AGCO about $23,000. Do you think it would sell for that and what would be the best market (ie classifieds, dealer, forum, e-bay...)? In todays market and with AGCOs continued 0% for 72 months I'm not sure it would move.

GC2610TLB (100 hours)
60" MMM
50" Front-mount snowblower w/ electric actuators
6' King Kutter york rake
4' Driveway drag (home built)
Trailer mover w/ 2" ball and 2 backup/utiltiy lights
Rear v-bar tire chains
Spare parts, pins, and paint
All documentation

·
Registered
431 Posts
I hope your getting a bigger one????? :)

I think there are some tractor sites you might want to try. I know I looked at a few when I was looking. I would start with Craigslist sinces its free, I know I looked there at first too.

I know Ebay would give you a lot of visiblity, but not sure of the fees for a tractor. I know the "Motor" section (and that would probably be tractors) has a pretty high fee. I once sold an old motorcycle there and the fee was close to 10%. It was only about $1k, but that seemed high.

Good Luck! :)

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,247 Posts
...... In todays market and with AGCOs continued 0% for 72 months I'm not sure it would move....
The ready availability of cheap/0% financing could make it a tough sell. It's not just an issue with MF -- Kubota and JD do the same. It's great for folks who couldn't otherwise afford these machines, but it seems to really depress the used re-sale values.

I think you would have to price it very competitively, so that someone who doesn't need financing would look at it as an advantage over a new unit.

I wish you the best of luck. Tractorhouse.com is a good place to check on used equipment prices.

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
EBay is not the place to sell your tractor. Only a very few of the units that I've seen there actually sell. The highest selling price for a GC2610 in the past 2 years was $15,500 in September, 2010, the next highest was a year earlier at $13,500. Including implements doesn't seem to have much effect on the price. You're further ahead to sell them separately.

Folks are bargain shopping on eBay. In the last month, I've won $2200 (manufacturer's list price) worth of brand new electronics for our jams for under $400, including shipping. I had bid higher, but nobody pushed the bidding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My wife and I are thinking about selling our tractor. Question is, can we get what we owe on it? We owe AGCO about $23,000. Do you think it would sell for that and what would be the best market (ie classifieds, dealer, forum, e-bay...)? In todays market and with AGCOs continued 0% for 72 months I'm not sure it would move.
This is what I found when I went shopping. New vs. used. I could not find anything used with the implements I needed (or get separately) that made sense. The total cost of ownerhsip (new, warranty, financing, etc.) was better to buy new. There were some close ones, but everything in that category was 3 - 4 years old.

Financing is one of those things people really need to ask questions about. Usually, there will be an offer of low (0%) financing or something free. There’s actually more options available than that in most cases. Here’s what I did. I didn’t take the 0%, I took the free FEL and the 6% financing. What!?!? Yes...here’s why. 0% financing, yummy, but it’s still about $20k no matter how you slice it. 6% financing with free FEL about $16k to finance. I will pay my financing off early (probably around the 36 month mark instead of 60 months) and total cost will be around $17.5k. 0% financing $20k total (regardless of how long you take to pay it). 6% financing and paying it off early $17.5k total (in my case).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.