My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering just how much nicer the air ride seat is on a cabbed tractor... Is it worth the 1000 bucks they want for it?

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Comfort is KEY .. when your driving something Full time .. I would not hesitate getting one IF the tractor was used daily and for long periods of time ..

Just a hobby farm ?? Not sure if I would spend that to have a better ride

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Comfort is KEY .. when your driving something Full time .. I would not hesitate getting one IF the tractor was used daily and for long periods of time ..

Just a hobby farm ?? Not sure if I would spend that to have a better ride
:ditto::ditto: In your case TG, I know you use your tractor quiet a bit.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

:ditto::ditto: In your case TG, I know you use your tractor quiet a bit.
Its my buggered back thats making me think of spending the big bucks on the seat..

ALWAYS take care of your back.. lift with your legs. crushed disks HURT LIKE He double hockey sticks..

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is not only will the seat keep you more comfortable during the day while using it your back will thank you at night after you get done and get off the tractor.:fing32:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats so true pigsitter..

LMAO i just noticed under your avatar.. Allergic to Ken n NJ... ha ha ha ha thats priceless...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have driven tractors with them and man are they sweet on rough terrain, simply amazing. If you can swing it and your back/legs bother you at the end of the day, these seats are worth every penny.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Ya already got air ride after eatin those pickled eggs, course it did fog up the windows in the cab... :sidelaugh buy the seat. :fing32:

·
Registered
618 Posts
TEAM_GREEN,the very first thing I did when I got my 2520,(before I ever used it) was put the SE suspension seat on it. I know the air seat is alot more than what I spent for mine,but regardless of full time or part time use,your body will thank you for doing it.:fing32:

Greg

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.. I'm thinking i'll start stashing cash aside to buy one.. Winter use isn't so bad.. so it can wait till spring now as snow is around the corner..

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Thanks guys.. I'm thinking i'll start stashing cash aside to buy one.. Winter use isn't so bad.. so it can wait till spring now as snow is around the corner..
I know you're in Canada, so things are different there. But here in the States, an investment like that could pay you back many times over if it keeps you away from the doctors.

P.S. Can I ask about the dog in your avatar? Looks somewhat similar to the German Shorthairs we had growing up. Is it a German Wirehaired? Or maybe a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
P.S. Can I ask about the dog in your avatar? Looks somewhat similar to the German Shorthairs we had growing up. Is it a German Wirehaired? Or maybe a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon?
She is a German Wirehaired pointer.. I have her her two brothers and her mom and dad.. Plus my lab..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts