My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a cub cadet 124, 12hp kohler, includes mower deck, snowthrower, and cab.

Appears all original, and the grille is made of 3 squares- one large one and 2 small 'hideaway headlights' similar to muscle cars.

Guy wants close to $550 for it, not sure if its worth that.

I ran over my camera yesterday so I can't get any pictures of it.:banghead3
I'll get pics though, off to the store.

Matt

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's a 128 :sorry1:. On the triangular safety approved sticker, it says 1972. I have more questions below. Guy says $600.

looks nice

missing creeper lever- and needs key turned+brake pushed+small black button on 'center floor' pushed at same time to start. Has the wiring been hacked into? How do I identify if it has creeper or not?

cab

snowthrower

no 3-pt hitch

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to say it needs belts and the steering is sloppy. I wonder how maintained this machine is... the starter redo concerns me. I was thinking of offering $400, and of course 'meet in the middle' would be $500, which is at the top of my budget right now.

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any ideas on what the cab and snowthrower is worth if I sold them and kept the tractor? I have a big old ariens that I just love and don't want to get rid of.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Probably 150-200 for the blower. Not sure on the cab. They aren't too common and if somebody is really looking for one I'm sure they would be pleased to pay a bundle for it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would say $500 sounds fair steering can be adjusted just pm me if you need help would probably offer $400 and see what he says hope this helps

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up offering $550 and scored it for $575.

I don't have a snow shovel fetish, I have 2 older Ariens Sno-Thros. One is a '71 8hp Sno Thro, the other is a 324 (I think) from the early 1980s, it's a little tecumseh H30 with 3 speeds and 24" clearing.

I'd happily trade the cab and snowthrower for a push blade or tiller, other ground engaging attachments. I figure I have the snow figured out with the Ariens pair.

·
Registered
147 Posts
In the 4th pic , the 1 with the snowthrower in it, there is a stack of snow shovels, leaning against the wall, LOL

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea the guy runs a small business supplying candy/bags of salt/wiper juice/shovels/junk like that to gas stations and convenience stores.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
That ignition/starting system override will probably be easy to fix. What I'd do first is chase the wires coming out of the black push button switch and see what components they go to. They probably didn't feel like replacing a stock switch and just wired one they had laying around. If the 128 runs well and has no major flaws, I think you did well! I paid 500 for my 129 this year, and it came with a deck, blade, and a smoking 12hp Kohler :)

This is the time of year to be selling a cab! Good luck, and congrats on the buy :)

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
That ignition/starting system override will probably be easy to fix. What I'd do first is chase the wires coming out of the black push button switch and see what components they go to. They probably didn't feel like replacing a stock switch and just wired one they had laying around. If the 128 runs well and has no major flaws, I think you did well! I paid 500 for my 129 this year, and it came with a deck, blade, and a smoking 12hp Kohler :)

This is the time of year to be selling a cab! Good luck, and congrats on the buy :)
I like that starter button upgrade!! That ignition switch is a weak point frequently discussed!

Where can I get a '53 Ford starter button? Hmmmmmm........

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I always did like the big metal spring loaded starter button on the Speedex we had when I was growing up. ^Maybe you're right - keep the push button!^

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I always did like the big metal spring loaded starter button on the Speedex we had when I was growing up. ^Maybe you're right - keep the push button!^
And it is the latest craze on new cars!! The wifes Honda S2000 has a big red starter button!!

I have never drove her S2000, My legs are too long I can not close the door!!:crybaby:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts