• No Don't Bother

Votes: 3 100.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Craftsman 856C & 857C
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you get L&GT magazine you will see at the end or the back of the magazine the classified section, which a few things sometimes get my attention but since 90% of the stuff for sale is in the Midwest I don't get real excited until now. This month there is this baby in the classifieds, an 853 Craftsman and I really would love to have it to go with my other 2 tractors but the price makes me not want it that much especially with the engine being stuck.

What say everyone, what does everyone think is a fair number for this OR is it even worth me trying to get? Especially since I will have to ship it back to CT and that wont be cheap maybe $300 or more, right now it is definitely NOT worth me getting at the sellers asking price. I was thinking maybe $150-175.
Wheel Toy Motor vehicle Gesture Font

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
It is sure not worth what he is asking for it let alone the freight. Even if you get it for nothing getting it home will kill you.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
7,636 Posts
Yeah, the stuck engine for a machine that old, it's value is much closer to that of scrap metal... $400 is probably still too much even if it was a complete, fully functioning mower.

·
Super Moderator
12,689 Posts
Not worth the money..it will cost too much to get it home and way more than it could be worth to get it going

·
Super Moderator
40,024 Posts
Keep your eyes open one may turn up. Also if you have any salvage yards around go take a stroll through them, you never know what you'd find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts