My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All;
I have been given this Craftsman DLT3000 by the same "Mr. Wrongwrench" (See the "Trade It, Or Keep It" post) that I got a Bolens from.
This Craftsman was running but needed a new fuel line, pump and starter.
The unfortunate owner left the machine with "Mr. Wrongwrench" when he was handed the repair bill and the thing still wouldn't run. Long story short, I ended up with it.
I don't know that much about these machines, but honestly that 25 horse V-Twin Briggs seems to me like a huge over kill for the heftyness of the frame and rear axle.
My Questions for those more knowledgable than I am regarding these machines are;
Firstly, is it worth spending the money on for hopefully some simple repairs? It seems to have good compression.
Can the DLT3000 be fitted with a sleeve hitch?
Is it beefy enough to operate a Brinley plow for example?
Any idea of how many amps the charging circut puts out?
Besides a front mount snow blade and blower, what other attachements are available other than a sweeper and a wagon/cart?
Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
29,548 Posts
no it is not designed for a SH or a plow, you will kill the tranny in no time. it can handle a sweeper, a drag, a sprayer, or a cart, so you can get some use out of it. you can also pull a self powered tow behind tiller, as long as you don't try to force it along and just go slow.

as to the charge system, there is a link in the "engine replacement" sticky in the BYRT forum that tells you how to identify the charge system you have.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
no it is not designed for a SH or a plow, you will kill the tranny in no time. it can handle a sweeper, a drag, a sprayer, or a cart, so you can get some use out of it. you can also pull a self powered tow behind tiller, as long as you don't try to force it along and just go slow.

as to the charge system, there is a link in the "engine replacement" sticky in the BYRT forum that tells you how to identify the charge system you have.
:ditto:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts