My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Uncle is in town for his 85th birthday and I broke out the 425 for the 10 and 12 year old nephews to drive around a little while they were over. While it was out I asked my uncle if he wanted to take it for a bit of a spin and he said yes. So, I put him on it so he could drive it around and he was just grinning ear to ear. The nephews were too. It seems everyone has fun driving the JD. I know I do. I have put 25 hrs. on it since Jan. 1 mainly pushing snow and I love it.

·
GO TIGERS!
1,210 Posts
My Uncle is in town for his 85th birthday and I broke out the 425 for the 10 and 12 year old nephews to drive around a little while they were over. While it was out I asked my uncle if he wanted to take it for a bit of a spin and he said yes. So, I put him on it so he could drive it around and he was just grinning ear to ear. The nephews were too. It seems everyone has fun driving the JD. I know I do. I have put 25 hrs. on it since Jan. 1 mainly pushing snow and I love it.
I need to mow twice a week now and still can't get enough.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,104 Posts
That smile is the sign of a person; young or old, who will be a happy person in life.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Take a look at a farmer.We all smile my dad is 85 and always has a smile on his face.He has been on tractors since he was 9 years old and that smile stuck.He is even know as either Smiley or Happy Howard.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
My machines are working me to death !!!! :) When the family comes over later in the year I plan on having a 'Gator Grand Prix' and letting the "kids" drive the Gator around my Gator trail.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Id like to add, for the vast majority of tractor owners, especially the fellows like me who just signed the dotted line for 30K. How many do you suppose actually "NEED" such a thing? I am willing to bet that vast majority does not have a real "Need". But we spend the money anyhow. Heck, some of us spend that money over and over again so we can have more then one.

We are all just Lil boys, (And more and more, Lil Girls) playing in our childhood sandbox, dreaming about operating dad's tractor. The only thing that has changed is our ability to pay for the real deals.

I don't need 30k worth of tractor and attachments any more then the man in the moon. But. But there are few things in life that make me more happy then running one. This new one is a heck of a switch from the Allis B and my old mans Massey that I sold for the down payment. But I cherrish every moment of my child hood spent running those around our property. And I literally act like a child on xmas day every time think of the new one arriving. Folks, there are far worse things in the world.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Seems to start young :bananapow :ROF

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Both of my boys love to smile while driving the Deere, and so do I.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts