My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is customer service dead?:crybaby:

Moultrie sent me the wrong item. I was very specific in letting them know they sent me the wrong feeder.

I sent an email after an impossibly long wait on the no-service 800 number. 82 minute wait?

Anyway, at least they sent me the email response back but holy cow, do they not read emails correctly??

Hopefully they will 'get it' if they read the correspondence slowly and accurately but the process sure got my blood boiling.

Here is my response to their first response:

Hanna,

It is not defective; you folks sent me the wrong item. It was not a camera.. I ordered the 6.5 Gallon Pro Hunter feeder. You folks sent me the Demand feeder. I should not have to pay for the return. If you send the correct one and a UPS slip to return the wrong one, that is the better process.

Thanks for you quick response on my initial inquiry.

Please let me know how we can make the correction without money out of my pocket for the mistaken shipment.

Thanks.

Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 6:02 PM
To:
Subject: Moultrie Customer Service

In response to the problem you are experiencing with your cameras display.

We have a 12 month warranty on our products from the date of purchase. If your unit is under warranty we will replace the camera for you at no charge. You can send the unit to the following address with a copy of the sales receipt, a note with your name, physical address, phone number and the issue with the camera:

Moultrie Feeders
150 Industrial Road
Alabaster, AL 35007
Attn: Repair Department

If the unit is out of warranty we can send you the display along with the replacement instructions and you can repair the camera yourself.

If you would like the replacement display please verify your shipping address and the model of your camera.

Thanks for using Moultrie

·
Registered
609 Posts
I actually called and waited on hold for about an hour, I tried the 800 and the 205. Then like an idiot I went back to the contact page and read further and they have an e-mail set up just for the display of my I-60, mine went out about 6 months ago but I have the number of button pushes and lock code down pat, but would be nice to see what is there. I understand waiting on hold, but its almost like a computer answered the email you sent or something. I have dealt with them in that past on a feeder I had, they were pretty good about being very accommodating. Hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Having receintly worked in a customer service center environment and worked both the phones and the emails let me explain how the system works.

First when you call customer service you are talking to a third party provider, not the actual company, you have reached a call center that is contracted to answer the phones. What country you have reached will be unknown. The person answering the phone will have limited knowledge if any about the product in question, just a website that they go to with set answers to read back to you. They are required to keep call times under 4 to 5 minutes including reading you statements that have nothing to do with what your call is about. Emails are answered with cut and paste from a set standard of answers, and instructions are to pick the closest one to the question asked or forward it and hope it gets answered by another group of set replys.
The trick is to be very patient, loosing your cool just makes you look like a jerk and no one will try to resolve the issue.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
The trick is to be very patient, loosing your cool just makes you look like a jerk and no one will try to resolve the issue.

Yes be very very very patient. And maybe someday it me be resolved. I love this world we live in. See now I am going to be very very very to see what kind of reply this gets. :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

A can of whoop *** works for me every time.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I am a very patient person. But a over a hour on the phone. Not me. That's a hour out of your life. I would box everything back up and ship it back along with a letter of your experience with their company. Moultrie isn't the only company out there that wants to sell product. I have com across some really good company's with real customer service. Off the top of my head: Cuddyback, Gerber knives, and Hot Rod Air. Good Luck with that . . . and thanks for the warning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts