My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a SCUT/CUT. My price point is more SCUT but my local Bobcat dealer has a CT122 left in inventory. I am basically buying the tractor for the FEL, not mowing. Is it worth it to go and price the CT122? It doesn't bother me too much that Bobcat is getting out of the tractor business.

The Kioti dealer that I priced the MF GC1705 and Kioti CS2410 doesn't care for the CK20S. His thoughts are: underpowered, narrow, etc. He was pushing the CS2410. Botton line, what I am looking for is a capable FEL that is not extremely heavy.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I wouldn't be affraid of the Bobcats as Kioti is still doing well and parts support should be strong. However I kinda agree with your Kioti dealer at least from looking at the CT122 on paper when I was looking for my tractor. Haven't used one so I can't comment from experience. I looked at a CS2410 at a show in the fall and was pretty impressed with it, especially for the price.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, TooManyGT. When I was talking to the Kioti/MF dealer, the CS2410 was actually about $1K more than the GS1705. Side by side they were dimensionally the same, although the seating was I felt less comfortable on the CS2410 (it felt like there was less legroom.) Kioti bought the stampings and dies from Shibaura to produce the CS2410. Looking at the NH forum, this same model sort of gets what I feel are mixed reviews.

I am sure down the road there will be cross references for the Bobcat/Kioti models.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see that some 2013 Bobcats are arriving at dealers. These I'm told are the very last batch. A Bobcat owner told me that the dealers can and are selling the fresh 2013 models for less than the 2012 and older inventory. Bobcat is blowing them out I guess.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally had the chance to swing by the Bobcat dealer. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of incentive to move the inventory. A CT122S w/FEL was close to MSRP at $16,500. Interestingly, I could purchase a CT235 w/FEL & boxblade from them for less than $1K more, according to a trade publication that the same dealer advertises in!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
If I already owned a Bobcat CUT, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, knowing I can get parts from Kioti. But if I was in the market for a new machine, they would have to offer some kind of amazing incentive to purchase from them. I would much prefer to purchase from a dealer with whom I could have an on-going relationship for parts and service, and who was invested in the product and customer satisfaction with it. BobCat isn't exactly going to fret about making sure CUT customers are satisfied, given that they are bailing out of that market segment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I already owned a Bobcat CUT, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, knowing I can get parts from Kioti. But if I was in the market for a new machine, they would have to offer some kind of amazing incentive to purchase from them. I would much prefer to purchase from a dealer with whom I could have an on-going relationship for parts and service, and who was invested in the product and customer satisfaction with it. BobCat isn't exactly going to fret about making sure CUT customers are satisfied, given that they are bailing out of that market segment.
How many dollars or what percent discount would constitute "some kind of amazing deal"? Please give me some opinions on discounting.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
I'm not familiar with Bobcat/Kioti msrp pricing. But I'd want them to be several thousand $$ below the comparable Kubota or JD model if I was going to be interested. Knowing which models are comparable is where the research comes in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This past Spring, with the opinions of some members here, I bought a Bobcat CT on deep discount.

I've learned a lot. I've appreciated the search for affordable, good quality attachments and learning how to use those attachments. I've met some very nice people in the process.

So far, so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glad to hear that Arnold and thanks for sharing that you have bought one. A dealer about 15 miles from me is going out of business and is selling a CT 335 which is a 4WD and has 113 hrs for $15k. I'm not sure if it was a trade in with those hours. The picture shows a FEL on it. This weekend I may take a ride up there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts