My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a used deere 260 for sale locally...is it a garden tractor?..or lawn tractor...it has a 17 hp kawasaki...and its maybe 10 to 20 years old..its model number is 260t102180...if any one who can tell me about this tractor..I would appreciate it...is it capable of running a tiller?...snowblower??...thanks...

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
It's a GT for sure. Built 1987-1991.

There was a 30 inch mechanical tiller available., as well as a 42" snowblower.

The only undesirable feature in my opinion was that parking brake style mechanical lift on the fender.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool..I will buy it!..I just didint want a lawn tractor...what is the difference between a lawn and garden tractor...I know a lawn tractor is just for grass..but what are the physical differences between a lawn and garden tractor??...

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Heavier duty frame and Tranny mostly! :trink39:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Heavier duty frame and Tranny mostly! :trink39:
Yep,
The no/no-go criteria is whether it rated for ground engaging capability.

Before you write that check, how much are you spending? What does it look like? Have you checked on how much the optional PTO and tiller run?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its $600...hood is in good shape..runs good..seat is trashed...no attachements..I have not yet checked on accessory prices...are the expensive?..is $600 fair for the tractor?
?

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Not for one in bad condition, seats can run up there in price, I would offer them 550 or 575, because the seat will cost about 50, I would suggest for the seat go to a dealer or your local TSC. Not sure about attachments though, I am more of a sears guy myself, I am geting a Custom 10xl tomorrow. I dont mean to take over the thread...

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
its $600...hood is in good shape..runs good..seat is trashed...no attachements..I have not yet checked on accessory prices...are the expensive?..is $600 fair for the tractor?
?
I couldn't say without seeing it. You need to hear it run and drive it as well.

this is a 4 year production run tractor, so parts and accessories will be fewer, though the same accessories fit other models. Do you know which models implements you need? Do you know which other models tractors used the same implements?

This is the kind of stuff you need to know before you make a decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts