My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got an Ingersoll Rand 80 gal, 175 psi, two-stage compressor. Nice upgrade from the 20y.o. 11gal Campbell Hausfield I was using. I upgraded for several reasons, not the least of which was to run a new blast cabinet (960FL from TP tools). Got it for 999 at TSC though it's typically priced at ~1399 everywhere else. Seemed like a really good deal, for a US made, continuous duty cycle machine. This is the V-twin T-30 head. 14.7 cfm at max pressure.

Very first day I used it, the third fill cycle I believe, and it made a funny sound. Turns out the rear bearing is bad. Guy came to look at it after 10 days or so - they don't usually go to private homes but made an exception for me(????). As I predicted to my buddy, I came home that night to find the pump head gone. They took it with them. Said it's a rod or something. Can't imagine how long this is going to take. In the interim I hooked up my old compressor to the big tank. Let it fill, then swap hoses and blast for a bit. Repeat, repeat, repeat. When the tank is filled up, I can blast for quite a long time before the compressor cycles on again. Of course, that's with 175 psi. The little guy only puts out 125 max. So the cycles are quite frequent but enough to play around with.

btw, I can see absolutely no made in USA tags. The motor is a Mexican Emerson, the pump has no label, and the tank has no label. Leads me to believe it is simply assembled in the US. Oh well, I can't really claim surprise since they had to do something to come in at that price. I really would have liked the Champion my buddy got but it for 600 bucks more it was a hard sell. Usually I tell myself that 600 bucks over 40 years is negligable. Oh well.

Really no point in this story. Just passing the time. Have a good night.

Here is the my setup now. A headless industrial compressor driven by an old, beat-up yet reliable, loud as balls, economy job. Hope the pump comes back soon.

Attachments

·
Father of 8!LordHelp'sMe!
738 Posts
I have the exact model, 'cept mine was FREE!
They had three different ones at work that had "problems" each, and were heading to the dump, so I took all three and built one good one. The problem was they had three phase motors, so I still need a motor before I can make it run. Maybe this winter? I'm hoping.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts