My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to reload my computer and lost my link to IPLs for B&S engines, anyone got a good link they would share? Address below.
Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Walt, if you check your browser on the old machine, you may find you can 'export' your bookmarks to a file, pop onto a thumb drive, and then import into your new machine & browser. If this is not the case, you may find your bookmarks on the old machine in another directory. It seems the 'where' on the machine where stuff is stored was varied over releases and there's no real consistency to where things end up. A search for 'bookmark' on your hard drives may prove fruitful. Or not.
tom

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Hmmm. I think I just posted, but the numbers say "1 - 2 of 2 Posts".. and I know that was the number before I typed the first character.
I really do dislike this software. No way to distinguish what posts are new, how to get to the latest un-read post, and no indication of when the last post was made. Of course I will find that all this is really there... somewhere... I am just overlooking it or looking for it in the wrong place. Fine. We use computers to make things easier and more efficient. This is not my idea of easier, and my efficiency has fallen off significantly.
I have to learn more stuff, spend more time doing stuff, waste more time finding things I could readily find before, and click the mouse button even more to accomplish less than before. As I have said before, thanks for nothing.
The operators likely don't note my comings and goings, but compared to previous frequency, they are down, and will remain so. The software 'upgrade(???)' of a few years ago was not as revolutionary as the 'upgrade(????)' this time through. Features were lost as far as I can tell, and my desire to spend time answering the few questions I can has dropped. As before, you'll see/hear less from me. thanks again for nothing. I don't care what software version you use, lawn mowers & tractors are NOT the object of hackers targeting. I have worked with computers since 1967, and did so for a 20-plus year career, so know a few things about them. When I ran systems, the customers were WARNED in advance their password would expire so they are not SURPRISEd when a change was required. They had time to think up a password they could remember. They were warned of ALL outages that could be predicted(power and hardware failures were a bit more difficult to predict, them being in the future and all...) and during that time, I lost not one file. No 'corruption', a word created by Microsoft 'engineers' to cover for their inadequate design and testing. But as non-paying 'users', we don't deserve that notice nor level of information. Okay.
See ya.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Oh yeah, I started the comment to note I could not figure out how to EDIT my post rather than add more... so is editing even available any more???

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Oh yeah, I started the comment to note I could not figure out how to EDIT my post rather than add more... so is editing even available any more???
Yes, at the top o your post, next to the post number and the date/time of the post, there are 3 vertical dots. Click on the vertical dots to bring up a menu of options, which should/will include "Edit" if you are allowed to edit the post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts