My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got it back from the shop with 3rd generation of updates and lessons learned.

Many strengthening improvements to combat 30 tons of hydraulic force with steel. I thought about just buying a new one, but it did not meet my needs to come stock with a 4 way wedge. If you only have a two way wedge, you're only using 25% of the total power of your machine.

A major improvement in the 3 rd generation is the use of the thick wall pipe to stop twisting at the Bob tach. It literally tried to rip itself off the machine.

Then the next step was to move the ram to the center of the 4 way wedge, spreading the stress through all 4 fins. Note to next update only use a single plain steel on side wedge pointing down. A double plain wedge pushes the product into compression against the rail. And causes frustration of hangers on.

In my opinion Quick Attach offer's the best splitter if I was going to buy new, but it is limited by a 24 ton ram in only 2 way operation, & $500 for 4 way wedge "extra", for which you will never use the 2 way wedge again. Disappointing.

Got a chance to use it today for a couple hours, out of all the improvements, that pipe steel is paying many dividends. I can not suggest this enough, it cancels any twist to the Bob Tach.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Made some video of it in action, must say after using for an hour it is so much tighter in action, When you have 9 feet hanging out there it want to sway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts