My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, New member from upstate New York. Most of my posts at this time will be about my Ariens GT 16 and my Troy-bilt GTX 16. Never seem to have enough sources when things don't go as planned. Hope I can provide some info to others as well. If everyone owned a tractor the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bluemoose, welcome. I see you have a GTX 16. I have a GTX 18 I bought new in '94. Giving it to my oldest son as I recently bought a new JD 2305. Used the GTX to do much more than it was built for but it kept comin' back for more. Limited by traction, not power. Tough little machine I tell ya. Here's an old plow attached to mine. Taken last year.
Stoonie

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike. Thanks for the greeting. Can't believe all the different threads on this site. Plan to spend more time looking around this winter. Hope to talk to you again.

Dick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Stoonie. Thanks for the greeting. Looking at the picture of your troy-bilt, it appears to be in much better shape than mind. I bought mine used about 4 years ago to keep at my mom's. Now that mom is gone the TB is home and I really hated to sell it. It does the majority of my mowing. I cut both my lawn and my neighbor's, about 2 acres in total. I like the hydrostatic footpedal, but there are times I wish it had cruse. Also looking to replace the mowing deck if I find one. Previous owner some how bent it and the cut is not quite even. I can't get the blade tips to match each other. Others don't notice it, but I know the cut is not right. Some day I hope to stumble on to a good deck. Well, thanks again for the greeting. Hope to talk to you in the future.

Bluemoose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts