My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I'm Nick from Ohio. My present interest is in a mid to late '70's Economy Power King tractor. It is the very one my father owned until he passed away in '95. Anyway, I have the opportunity to purchase it and I want to know about part availability and what might be a fair price to pay for it...

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
Welcome aboard Nick. Post a pic or two of the tractor if you can and tell us more about it and what it has (like dual transmissions, hydraulics, etc) Anything you can tell us and we might be able to help you out. Implements too.

·
Old Guy in Texas
57 Posts
Welcome.

The value is going to depend on condition, what it has with it, one or two transmissions, running, or not, and then what is the value that the tractor has for you?

Jerry H.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and warm welcome. The Power King is a 12 hp, single transmission, 16 rear wheels, manual drawbar. The current owner, a good friend of mine, has only used it a few times in the past 15 years but has stored in his basement so the condition is good. It hasn't been started for a few years and the battery is of course needs replaced. We sold it to him in '95 for $1200 including a nice road-worthy trailer, 48" belly mower and maybe a grader blade, I can't remember.

At that time I didn't have a need for it but now I have a 5-acre place and negotiationing on another 2 1/2 acre place in Tennessee so it would definitely come in handy. I'm thinking $800 is a fair price... the seller wants me to make an offer so it's a little awkward since he's such a good friend, you know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts