My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people. I just registered as a new user of this site and wanted to say hello. I am having problems with a Cub Cadet, model 2166 that is cutting unevenly. I've tried everything in the book, measurements, new belts, air pressure, new blades and the darn thing still cuts unevenly when making turns or going down a slight incline. I am about ready to blow it up! HELP?:thanku:

·
Super Moderator
17,294 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:
I guess I'm not to picky myself as long as the 2.5 acres gets Cut. I'm sure one of the other 2000 series owner will be along shortly with some advice. My wife Cuts with our(Her) 2000 series which I don't touch.:thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
OP - turns, inclines - bad cuts..... Tire pressures correct and even between left/right ? too fast on the ground speed ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I appreciate each one who took the time to respond.

slkpk: As for the rear pully, it appears to work well. I've lubed each zerk fitting and not sure how to tell if it is not working properly or not. Are there any tell-tail signs? It rotates freely. The tire pressure is the first thing I checked. 10 PSI rear and 14 PSI front, just as the owner's manual states.

Gary In NJ: Deck spindel? Both were lubed when I dropped the deck, to change teh belts and install newe blades. Both spindel's appear to be functioning correctly. Again, what are the tell-tail signs to look for? Both spindels are securely in place, no motion other than what is called for, nothing loose or bent noted.

RCBE: Speed of cutting? It doesn't matter what speed I go, but I normally cut at a slow pace.

Sergeant: I don't think I am that picky either, but you have not seen the results of my lawn after cutting. It is gapped up pretty bad and looks like crap. You're a lucky man to have found a woman that enjoys cutting your grass. I'd hang on to her if I were you.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share your ideas. Maybe someone who has had the same problems will share what it took to correct this problem.

Grass Cuttin Dan

You can't fix stupid, but you can sure vote them out!

·
Super Moderator
17,294 Posts
She only cuts the Grass when I'm away for My Job. Right now I'm cutting 2.5acres of are 5.5 acres with this

Because My JD X485 is one county away right now doing work for my Brothers neighbor in the evenings.:thThumbsU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts