Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just joined the forum. I live in Louisiana but am from North Carolina and inherited a 250 acre farm there. It is mostly in timber, but we have one "share cropper." I visit there a few times a year and stay in a 170 year old, 2 story farm house that we have gradually restored over the past 25 years. My dad had a small Allis Chalmers tractor he used to pull hundred-year old cycle bar mowers, plows, and harrows when he worked the farm in the summer (he was a school teacher.) I have followed in his footsteps. I am a university professor who likes to play with the farm when I can.

I want to buy a small, vintage tractor and mower to keep up the appearances. I need to mow about a mile of roadside ditches, around the edges of fields, and the banks of a small pond. I might eventually push some dirt around and maybe work a garden. I am looking for advice on what to buy. I want the cheapest equipment I can buy that will do the job, is dependable, and for which I readily buy parts. I will probably eventually restore it. I have experience with cosmetically restoring vintage cars. I have good mechanical skills, but no experience, or knowledge, with tractors. But give me a set of instructions, and I can follow them.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learn from you.
Barry

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.