My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been trying to keep my mowers, motorcycles, cars, RV in shape DIY.
I have MTD, Sears/Craftsman, Cub Cadet.
Along the lines, I faced chassis issues (axles, steering), transmission (variable speed drive, hydrostatic), gear box (won't stay in gear), and other.
I hope this forum can help me tackle all the future issues.

I am located in Brighton, Michigan.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
vtraudt, good to have you aboard here and enjoy the forums, hopefully you can get some help along the way with any issues on these machine :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post first problem

How long does it take to be able to post?
I have already the first problem I need help with:
Sears/Craftsman 917-27660 (22HP, 42") with hydrostatic trans is not moving uphill anymore.

a) Is it a sealed transmission or can hydro fluid be changed?
b) How to start the troubleshooting?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
You should be fully validated to post/view anywhere in approx. 2 minutes, the system updates automatically every hour at 25 minutes past the hour. In the meantime I've moved this to the Craftsman forum so you will get more exposure of your questions from the guys in the know :).

As a note, I went through this with my JD k46 tranny which is a Tuff Torq and repaired it successfully. Don't know what your tranny is in the craftsman, but from the sounds of it, it is acting the same as mine did unfortunatley, so perhaps a repair is possible, but it's decision you have to make to tear into it and you'll need to find what brand transmission it is. A fluid change is possible but not a guarantee it will fix it. The only other item that would cause your issues that I can think of would be a worn out drive belt, so that would be a first trouble shooting item to check :fing32:.

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
Welcome to MTF. We are going to need pictures of all your equipment. Rules are rules. Well ok, we just really love pictures around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be fully validated to post/view anywhere in approx. 2 minutes, the system updates automatically every hour at 25 minutes past the hour. In the meantime I've moved this to the Craftsman forum so you will get more exposure of your questions from the guys in the know :).
It just to a while longer than I thought, but was now able to post!

Hopefully, I will get some help to get working on the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts