My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just joined this site and I am looking forward to some learned discussions. I have recently just purchase a second hand Kubota BX2230 tractor (160 hours!!) with 60" under belly mower attached and I am gradually learning about it.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum has fitted a proper alternator to the BX2230 to replace the dynamo? I have purchase an alternator that physically fits and I also purchase the proper Kubota wiring harness and other bits but when I join it all up I have no ignition - no lights, nothing? It seems like there needs to be an extra jumper lead in the main connection block - or something? When I revert back to the old wiring harness and dynamo everything works?

Has anyone experienced this or know how to help?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply Dave,

The alternator is identical to the Denso Kubota use and it fits perfectly (and yes I am not looking forward to replacing my first fan belt). The wiring harness is from the Kubota kit (sold separately ) so is the IC relay. I am in the process of shifting houses right now so I might let is slide for a bit (give me time to think about). Seems to be a lot of wires going into the old regulator - so there must be a connection missing in the large connector. There is a solid red wiring going from the alternator to the starter - which goes back to the battery - and I have checked and I do have 12 v at the alternator terminal.

Regards

Ian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.