My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

My name is Doug and I am seriously addicted to my 73 MTD 990

I bought the tractor, snowblower, mower deck, cultivator and single plow 3 years ago, and I am currently working on getting it running. I have switched to coil to the Briggs one to eliminate the breaker box. I am currently rebuilding the carb for the 3rd time due to leakage, and I will be looking for the little washer that goes on the brass nozzle to eliminate the flooding.

I am also sanding the hood, fenders, grill and the floor console for repaint to either JD Green or JD Yellow, and I have made an open office template of the console instructions to reprint to make the decal, and I hope this may be of use for others. It is an Open Office Drawing.

Console file CONSOLE.odg

I will be also working on building a plow for the 3 point for doing my laneway this winter.

Thanks
Doug

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome Doug. Glad to have you with us. Nice drawing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
:MTF_wel2: and remember :wwp:

You're addiction is a good one :drunkie:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Doug. Glad to have you with us. Nice drawing.
Thanks Jeepers, I will be printing this on acetate and the gluing it down over the paint before the clear coat, I still have to print it and the the sizing and location of it all to the original.

Thanks
Doug

·
Sparky
297 Posts
Nice work there Doug! I am afraid of the paint colors you are leaning for, however beauty is in the eye of the painter.

·
Registered
745 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Doug welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
:MTF_wel: Glad to have you! Enjoy the many forums. also :wwp: :wwp: :thThumbsU

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Console graphic

here is the Graphic as a jpg, that I am hoping will print the correct size

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good.

Head's up on a typo - AXLE, not AXEL

Also, jpg file is missing "DO NOT ENGAGE PTO IF"

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Doug

:MTF_wel2: we are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Paint it the new JD yellow, but stay away from that nasty green.
and most deffinatly not yellw and green. I dont think they made a John deere or a yard man 990.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts