My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is william sweetwater i registered here because i recently got a Tecumseh HH 100 and something is wrong with the coil. I was wondering if the coil off a bolens Tractor with a Tecumseh OH140/HH 140 will work as a replacement? they look the same and all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant really do that because the other coil is on eBay for $150.00 don't really wanna spend that kinda money unless i know its gonna work

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
Can't help you, but:
:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
not that easy on a tech

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
the solid state ignition should be the same between a 10 and 12 horse. somone who knows 100% should be along shortly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coils aren't worth 150. period.try any old coil out of a junk yard.
i thought 150 was a bit expensive that's what I'm trying to get is a old used one but its gonna be kinda hard to find one out here in California the best lawn/tractor shop in my town is the sharping shop and they manly deal with stihl you know weed eaters chainsaw ,blowers that kinda stuff but i guess ill stop by and see if they got one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts