My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ron from tennesee i just bought a ford n tractor and when i push the clutch in the 3 point hitch drops the bush hog to the ground it has a short lever under the seat and i have no idea what this lever does , can anyone who knows this tractor help me? if so plese shoot me a email to [email protected] thank you :)

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Lets start with the short lever, that is to set your hydraulics in either draft or position mode. Draft mode (lever horizontal) should only be used for plowing and ground engagment implements. Position mode is used for mowing, grader blade, etc. where you want to set the implement at a particular height and hold it there.

Now as to the lift dropping when you push the clutch, probably you have a leaking hydraulic lift cylinder. Remove the side cover (keep your fingers out of there) and with the load up see if you do not see fluid coming from the top, if so that is your problem and you will need to R&R the cylinder. It can be done in a couple of hours if you drag your feet. If it is your problem replace it with the NAA piston, o-ring and neoprene backup washer. You may also need the cylinder, depends on how much scaring is there.

·
Old 'n Cheap
175 Posts
Welcome from one York to another..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome Ron

Looks like JohnW gave you some good advise. I too often wondered which way the little lever should be for the job your doing. I read the books but I found it hard to understand but John made it quite clear.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome York, I too am new and the stuff you learn here will amaze you.....

I have also wondered about that little lever.

john

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
:Welcome1: york_0541 You just found out why this's the best and friendliest site of its kind. :thThumbsU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts