My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm John from Connecticut. I stumbled upon this site trying to find rebuild info for my Bolens. I've got a 1967 1050 tube frame with a Wisconsin TRA 10D. It came with the house I bought 15 years ago, and has been my workhorse ever since, - mowing, snow blowing, and tilling. It recently developed a blue smoking issue under load. I'm going to post in the Bolens forum.

Looks like a great site with several knowlegeble and helpful folks.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Welcome to mtf. Where in CT are you? You can either get another engine or do a rebuild. I might have an engine that would work for you. I haven't really decided whether I want to sell it or not though. :wwp: of your tractor.

Jason

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Welcome, lots of good guys and knowledge here.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to mtf. Where in CT are you? You can either get another engine or do a rebuild. I might have an engine that would work for you. I haven't really decided whether I want to sell it or not though. :wwp: of your tractor.

Jason
Well, the engine still runs strong, and since it hasn't been rebuilt yet I would like to do a rebuild vs. replacing. Since it runs strong and does not have any unsusual noises what would be recommended to replace (rings, valves, etc..)? Probably best to dismantle the top end and see how it looks. I have some concerns as to parts availablity once I have it apart. Are parts readily available?

I'm currently working on my wife's car in the garage, and it's blocking the bolens. I'll post a pic once I get the car out.

I'm in Durham.

- John

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
seems to be a pretty good amount of parts.I still need to get valve springs and keepers and a few other things.but to answer ? yes you can still get just about every part.lots of different dearlers around.don,t want to pick any particular one.but theres plenty. look on first page.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yeah, there are plenty of suppliers. Your best bet is to pull the head and then analyze what needs doing. It may just need a breather or something.

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a picture.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to fit wheels onto the mowing deck to keep from scalping. I've seen this model of deck on ebay in the past with wheels, but I've yet to find a set.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Looks nice. I do have a deck that has wheels on it for sale or trade. Pm me if you are interested. It looks like yours has the skids welded on, so it would be harder but not impossible to change over.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts