My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I have been reading many posts about all small tractors and lawn mowers. I finally have made a decission after a bad coice on a zero turn for my property. I will take delivery of my new 2305 JD this coming weekend. It wil have FEL and 54c because of a door openening that it must fit thru. Also will have a ballest box and have already purchased a quick hitch on ebay. I do have a problem with spacers that I hope to resolve at TS. My property is 5.5 acres with house and about 3 acres to cut. Can be steep at points and some compound angles to cut. I also have a gravel drive that needs raking on a regular bases due to slope. (ruts). I also have some paths that I would like to clear for summer walking. My location of property is near SML in VA for those that know the area. I live full time in Fburg, VA. I do not post much but love to read all the posts. Thanks for letting me join. Bill

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:MTF_wel: Bill, pleased to have you aboard here with us and enjoy that new machine of yours :fing32:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Glad you joined us. Welcome all of us.

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
:Welcome1: :Welcome1: :Welcome1: :Welcome1: :Welcome1: :Welcome1:

Glad To have you here :wwp:

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Bill,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: And congrats on your new tractor! :)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Bill

Glad you found us on the net. Congrats on your new JD2305! The waiting is a bad part of a tractor purchase so maybe some reading would help. You may already know about this but if not… here is a link to the Operator’s Manual so you can get familiar with your machine and have something to do while waiting.
http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMLVU16738_L8/Output/Index.html?tM=HO

Also you could check out our CUT Tractors By Brand / John Deere Forum here:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

:MTF_wel: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the welcome! Thankyou ya-ya for the link to the manual. I hope I get a hard copy when they bring the tractor. I have never had a tractor this complicated before. Only small garden tractors or mowers. I am sure as I own it alot more will become clear. I will have some questons when the service guy comes out to walk me thru the tractor. I thought it was four wheel all the time (one front wheel and one rear) unless you engaged the diff lock and then all four. The way I read it, seems it is one rear unless you engage diff lock and only lock the front when the other lever(MFWD) is pulled.
Either way it should work but my property still might be a challenge. I will let you know about that after I am able to cut the grass a couple times. Thanks again! Bill1031

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi Bill

Welcome and don't hesitate to ask questions about the 2305 over on the John Deere CUT forum. There are lots of experienced owners of 2305's there who will be glad to answer questions.

Cheers
Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts