My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home renovator in the Atlanta area. Into motorcycleing and Radio Controled Airplanes. Pretty much a do it yourselfer unless I'm too busy. Having problems with a JD Kohler stx38 black deck filling the air filter housing with fuel. Came here to see if I could get some help.

Thanks
Ron

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Glad to have you.

I'm sure the members in the JD rooms can help they are the best good luck. :fing32:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Super Moderator
35,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lets get right to it..sounds like a float in the carb is stuck open! Let's try the simple cheap things first and then go from there. Take a screwdriver and grabbing the blade tap the bowl on the side with the handle. Not too hard, not too soft! See if that stops it even temporarily. If it does then I suggest running some carb cleaner through it. If it comes back then you may have to tear the carb apart and clean it thoroughly!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Home renovator in the Atlanta area. Into motorcycleing and Radio Controled Airplanes. Pretty much a do it yourselfer unless I'm too busy. Having problems with a JD Kohler stx38 black deck filling the air filter housing with fuel. Came here to see if I could get some help.

Thanks
Ron

Hi Ron! We can let the others answer your Kohler issue...lets talk planes!
I am not a pilot however I love to photograph them! I have my AMA just so I can get into the pits...

My buddies giant scale...

LOVE the sound of a giant scale YAK!

Droppin' bombs!

Tail in the weeds

It was this planes last flight...the pilot got confused and drilled it into terra firma!

Part flyin everywhere!

Do you like jets? BIG $$$ JETS??? Owner said he had between $22K and $24K into this jet

In the air coming in for a landing..

Right off the brochure for British Airways!

Take off!!! Look at the heat! $30,000 buys you a lot of realism!

For many, MANY more pictures, wonder around here:
http://www.pbase.com/bchang/rc

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
Does that SST have a sound system to simulate the sonic boom?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PA318Guy,

I actually posted a detailed account of my problem under the JD section but in short ....I rebuilt the carb and when that didn't work I bought a new one. Still no luck.

·
Administrator
21,527 Posts
What is actually taking place? Filling it with fuel when running, or when it's sitting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is actually taking place? Filling it with fuel when running, or when it's sitting?
I might be able to answer that tomorrow. With the old carb, I think it was with both.....but for sure when it's running. I put the new carb on and I started it up and fuel poured in within the first minute. I haven't had time to do any more to it with work and all the rain. I'll work on it tomorrow. I'm going to drain the "oil and gas" out of the crankcase, put new oil in it and see what happens with the new carb. The first time I started it with the new carb, there was gas already in the crankcase. (which I didn't know at the time)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lets talk planes!
I am not a pilot however I love to photograph them! I have my AMA just so I can get into the pits...

Yrs ago I had a photography business.....I can appreciate your work. Action photography was always a favorite.

I built giant scale warbirds between 1990 and 2000 then I started building and competing with 40% aerobatic models. When I figure out how to download some pics I'll post some. Other forums I'm on seem more simple to download to than this one. I'll eventually get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts