1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Seems to look ok. Of course you'd have to see and drive it in person. Price seems ~ OK but there are others on here that know a LOT more than me about the older ones.

Just a word of caution. There are guys all over this forum looking for tractors to buy, fix a little, and resell. You have just given them a link to a decent tractor to buy out from under you.
I'd repost the pics and the description without it's whereabouts.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It looks like it's in good condition... Hard to tell without being there. $600.00 is a little rich in my opinion, but if the engine rebuild was done right it should be good for another 30 years. IH Cub Cadet always had the best drive train in the business. Parts for the Older Cub Cadets are readily available. Another positive is that it has the 3 point hitch, looks like only one pc. is missing (the lower bracket) these are easy enough to find and not too spendy. Should the tractor have the highly sought after head lights, spring assist for the rear lift that would also be a plus.

One thing you will probably want to check is the "condition/working order" of the front PTO as they are pretty expensive to buy, and kind of a pain to rebuild, if you've never done one before.

If the tranny/rear end is working well, I wouldn't worry about it too much as there are no better built hydro units available, they are nearly bullet proof.

Do keep in mind that the tractor will be no better than the work that has been done to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sounds and looks like a good tractor but i would drive and inspect it before id buy it. 600$ is a little bit much for that tractor if all it comes with is a deck. those old cubs will last for a lifetime if you take good care of them so buying one is never a mistake.

·
1,124 Posts
Looks like a decent 105. Price is a little high, but not unreasonable - as long as it runs good and there are no other issues, like transmission or loose steering, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts