My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I'll second that! I love the old wheels, and would love to get a closer look at it.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The air cleaner looks very similar to the Donaldson on the earlier Ls.

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Neat old period piece. The engine sounded good in the vid too. I had no idea that Gravely ever used seats like that. Something learned!

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Ron,

I have never, seen that type of air cleaner. Almost looks like the picture is reversed and it's the exhaust side.

Roger,

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I love these unusual machines and try to keep a small file of them, as they come up. Has anybody found a good trick to download the maximum sized photos from an e-bay add? I'd like to grab the photos of this rig at the best resolution possible, but I haven't found any easy way yet. The best I've come up with is to download the HTML page with the photo I want at full res, and then pick out the relevant file from all of them. The problem with this is that I have to do this for each photo I want at full size. Any ideas?

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
The way I save the photos is enlarge the photo you want, then save the page as a web page, then open it in photo shop find the enlarged photo in with the small thumbs and change the file to Jpeg. A lot of trouble for one photo. You have to repeat for every photo you want.

Attachments

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Ron,

I have never, seen that type of air cleaner. Almost looks like the picture is reversed and it's the exhaust side.

Roger,
On one of mine up there there is one with that filter. They are the same design as used on a Model D Except the L's were larger diameter.
Picture 1 is on a D. Picture 2 is on an L. By 1940 they had switched to the oil bath filters. Funny thing about Ron's picture is that that is a MS-38 tractor and likely the same one as used in the Cultivator Toolholder pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I like the wheels and the seat, but did Gravely ever actually make this air compressor attachment? What I really want is the dark blue VW convertible in the background.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts