My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm concidering a cultivator for my JD. I may buy either a Brinly or Agri-fab or just build my own. I'd like to know if anyone has opinions on either of the pre-made ones or pics of their own. Thanks for all replieshttp://www.mytractorforum.com/images/smilies/greendr.gif.
X540 John Deer with sleeve hitch

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer, but that's a bit far for me to go for an item like this.

·
Registered
990 Posts
gburnett, what all do you have? I would like a couple of sleeve hitch implements.

Jon

·
Registered
990 Posts
I found a plow locally that is a wheel horse and looks pretty good. Any thoughts? It is $100?

Jon

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm concidering a cultivator for my JD. I may buy either a Brinly or Agri-fab or just build my own. I'd like to know if anyone has opinions on either of the pre-made ones or pics of their own. Thanks for all replieshttp://www.mytractorforum.com/images/smilies/greendr.gif.
X540 John Deer with sleeve hitch
Hey Oldskool, I have a Agri-Fab Tang cultivator I havent used it alot but so far it has worked great. I have no idea how the brinly version would compare. I bought a brinly box blade last year do to the reviews that i read online, and it seems to be the same quality as the agri-fab equipment that I have.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,467 Posts
Honestly, after owning the newer box store stuff, I prefer to shop craigslist for something old, heavy and built to last a bit longer. The Brinly and Agrifab stuff of today simply strikes me as having far less life than those of yesteryear. Sleeve hitch attachments are easy to find, especially if you broaden your search to include walk behind tractor implements. Many of those utilized sleeve hitch style mounts for ground engaging attachments. They are typically far cheaper, as well, and use sweeps/tools that you can find at TSC. Just another option/opinion...

Here's a couple I've used, that work great, and attach to any sleeve hitch. You'd be hard pressed to bend any of this heavy steel, and when adjusted just so, they will stop a GT in it's tracks. Once you get them dialed in, they bury weeds like no body's business.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Talntedmrgreen. Never thought about walk behinds, didn't know they'd work with a sleeve hitch. That sure won't bend. I've already started on building my own. As soon as I take some pictures of my progress, I'll start a posting in the homemade implements thread.http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/smilies/trink40.gif

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for your input.

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Talentmrgreen, the cultivator in the first pic....

I have one that I got in a package deal, but no idea what brand/where to get replacements. I'm missing a few parts for it, but I'd like to get it operational again. Can you help?
Thanks!

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
I'll take some pics later this week. It has the main frame and "s" shaped tool bars. No wheels or the mounts that bolt to, and only maybe 4 of the bars that the chisels mount on.

·
Man w/skills
991 Posts
Finally got a chance to take some pics of the cultivator:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.