My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all are probably getting sick of me asking questions but so far you all have been a great help. I would also like to thank each and everyone of you that have responded to my questions.

So my new question is this: Will a 38 inch deck from a 170 interchange with the deck on a 318? If no is the answer then could someone please give me a list of models where the deck would fit my new to me 318?

I have purchased the 318 that I mentioned earlier and I think it will be perfect for my uses, but to make it more perfect I would like to go from the 46 inch to the 38 size deck.

I cannot thank you all enough!

·
4,212 Posts
While on the subject of mowing decks for 318...I have the 50" deck....no grease fittings on it? I don't find any underneath and I pulled up the belt cover and none on top side of deck either

·
Super Moderator
28,920 Posts
That used to be on the Internet, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure if it is in the WFM site but they may have it. The 38 inch deck from any machine that isn't on that page won't be a direct fit and likely not have all the spindles/idlers in the correct place for a 332.

Here is the link to the JD Parts site for the 38 inch deck that fits the 200 and 300 series (make sure you select correct one). John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Parts collector
3,345 Posts
Well my experience is that you can use any deck from a older 200 series decks and 300 series deck. The 200 series decks you swap the double PTO pulley off your 318 deck to the front middle spindle hole and use the lift arms off the 318. I have done this with my 314 and my 300 swapping decks from 200 series tractors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts