My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this is a quick question that many of you can answer, but I have an Intek Edge 6.5hp that I have to replace the governor spring. I know where it attaches to the main linkage, but have NO idea on where this thing goes on the carb itself. Usually there is a hole or notch, but none on this one that I see.

I looked on the sticky section and found the repair diagram, but where to hook it up is blocked by another part since its not an exploded diagram.

It is 222C on the diagram. A photo or other more detailed view would be great guys, and thanks!

Attachments

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
as far as I know, it doesnt hook to the carb, it anchors to the throttle control bracket, then to the link between the carb and governor.

Throttle control bracket usually has a hole on a bendable tab..and the linkage usually has a loop in them iddle of it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry Red, I misspoke. I think I meant to say the carb plate where the throttle is. I know it would have to be anchored fast because of the steady tension needed on the linkage.

I still am at a loss as to where it mounts. I wish someone had a pic of the same carb setup. I guess I will get a new spring and give it the old "trial and error" technique.

This is the closest I can get from the repair manuals.

Attachments

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
There will be a little anchor point on the part that moves when the throttle control is operated, will have about a 1/4" hole in it, the end of the spring hooks on there. You will know when you find it, the part with the hole in it where it mounts, will be bendable for adjusting top no load rpms.

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
That diagram actual shows the hook end going into the same hole as the metal rod...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Red! The first place I was going to try was the "hole" on the top of the assembly. I just figured like usual the first place was going to be the wrong place and I never was going to get the blasted thing adjusted correctly.:thanku::thanku::thanku:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts