My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sorry non mustang related but it seems as if it aint one thing it's another. Noticed the other day while driving. My batt gauge on the cluster was at 10 and the temp was about 210 and the other needles appeared fine. I drove about maybe 10 miles almost home when suddenly the needles registered like they were supposed to. I checked the alternator and battery with voltmeter with truck switched on but not running and also with it running and both checks checked good.

That was a few days ago. Today when I started truck up to let warm up for bout 5-7 mins, when I came back out to the truck I noticed the temp gauge was at 260 and batt gauge at 10, also noticed the speedometer didnt appear to be working, or it was on bout 10 and stayed there. Oil pressure gauge read what it has been reading for yrs and yrs, which is about 25 while driving. Only thing I recently did was have a tranny put in and I went under truck a few mins ago and checked the wires plugged into tranny and they were fine. I even unplugged and plugged back in. I'm thinking the cluster is probably dead with all of the signs what do you guys think?

Also just to point out, seems as when i start it now, it starts out at a high temp

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had a 1992 GMC sonoma that more than likely had the same dash as your S-10.....I had the truck since it was new and the dash was replaced 3 times over the years. That year model has terrible dash problems.....when I sold the truck in 2008 most of the gauges still did not work correctly.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 1992 GMC sonoma that more than likely had the same dash as your S-10.....I had the truck since it was new and the dash was replaced 3 times over the years. That year model has terrible dash problems.....when I sold the truck in 2008 most of the gauges still did not work correctly.
gotcha................... gave me some peice of mind. My bro has same truck and gona take mine out and try his see what it does

1 - 3 of 3 Posts