My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my 38 Snowblower on my JD 165. Looking at all the problems to get the spring attached to the hook on the mule drive, I thought that there has to be a better way. When I was young and foolish, I could probably have pulled enough to hook the spring, but being older and wiser (hopefully), I came up with this.

Attach spring to transmission, now, I hooked a chain around the front of the tractor, and then got a 16" turnbuckle with hooks on both ends. The one end was on the chain, and the other end was on the spring. Turn the turnbuckle and stretch the spring until it reachs the point that I can now put the hook on the spring end, loosen the turnbuckle, and its done. About a 2 minute job, and a lot safer.

Just looking to stop some of the bruised fingers, hands etc.

Hopefully this can help some one else.

Bob

JD 165 Hydro
20 X 10 X 10 tires
38 SNowblower

·
Administrator
21,836 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bob, and thanks for the great tip. I am going to drop this down into the John Deere forum to share with the folks there. Hope to see you on the forum sharing additional tips!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts