My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my engine had a catastrophic failure and I had to pull the whole thing off and get inside.

Now it's all back together running great on the bench and I am ready to drop it back in the frame. I need to put the engine in the frame first, then bolt it, then install the pulley assembly containing the engine and mowing pulley because they won't fit through the hole in the frame.

When I removed the pulley I just undid the main bolt that ran up through the crank shaft and with a little tugging the pulleys came right off the shaft but the key is still in the crankshaft. Do I just line up the keyway and tap the pulley assembly on then put the bolt in or does the key have to come off the crankshaft? I can't get it to budge and would rather not remove it if I don't have to .

·
MTF New Poster
2,163 Posts
I left my woodruff key in place,lightly sanded the the shaft,applied antisieze,and slid the pulley on far enough to use the bolt to press it all the way on.Remember to lock the flywheel, to keep the engine from spinning,while tightening the bolt.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Clean the shaft and inside the pulley, apply anti-seize, plug wire off, lock the flywheel without putting something thru the fins, get the pulley started and pull it on with the bolt. Like others have said it's not a tough job.

You might check the manual for a specific torque for this bolt.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts