My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just making sure, when installing gator blades the 6 teeth point up towards the tractor, right?

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
It also pays to remove (grind, scrape, scratch, claw) the powder coat paint in the contact area of the mounting bolt/washer and spindle sides. When the paint degrades from compression and use it can cause the blade to become loose. Not in all apps but some have reported it... like me on one out of 3 spindles first time out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are all installed and ready to go. i got home today from work and ready to cut and as usual terrential downpours that have not stopped for over a month so will have to wait till tomorrow hopefully.
I am assuming i dont have to relevel the deck just because i replaced the blades do i?
I took the leveling tool out to check the deck on the x300 and set the deck at 2.75 inches to check the 3 spots the manual recommends checking.
the leveling device didnt fit under those three spots, It actually was about
.4 inches taller in all 3 spots but seemed as though the deck was same height all the way around. do these 3 check points have to be the same height as the leveing tool?

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the measurements are the same right to left, the grass will cut level but the indicator will not reflect the correct height of the cut.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first impression of gators

i had my first cut ever today with the gators. my first couple passes with the mower i actually stopped and got off the mower to make sure that the drive belts were connected because i thought something was wrong. i didnt thing the blades were cutting the grass because i couldnt see the clippings being discharged. After i kept mowing it was definetly cutting. The clippings were chopped very fine. The cut is very nice, I havent cut my lawn in 7 days due to rain and it was quite long. I didnt have to rake my lawn after i was done like i usually do. However in some spots where the grass is quite thick it did discharge some clippings where i had to rake them up, but that was only in just a few spots. I am quite satisfied with them, note that i had them sharpened as soon as i received them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts