My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helped my son-in-law install the high sensors, cameras, and LED flood lights today. He doesn't do ladders:

The install was extremely easy (well, there was already a motion sensor flood fixture there, so I was just replacing it). BTW, I could get you a great deal on a motion detector flood. Configuration of the WiFi system connections to all the cameras, motion sensors, lights, siren, and all door/window opening sensors was very easy, though my SIL did all that. I climbed down off the ladder and assisted in testing this garage mounted sensor/camera.

I am impressed with the completeness of the installation and set up instructions, the configurability, and the quality of the pictures/video. We didn't test the sirens, it was nap time for the grands.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,369 Posts
I hope he changed the password on all the gear. That he made it a long one that is hard for the bad guys to crack. A lot of that gear is getting bad air time for letting the bad guys watch your kids and spouses and what is going on in and around the home.

·
Super Moderator
26,422 Posts
IMO the entire industry of these IoT devices was built with poor, little or no real security in them. People are now paying for that with hackers remotely able to view almost anything they want. Is it convenient...yes! Is it secure....NO!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks pretty good, I was going to go with them but went with something cheaper. Amazon specials, $50/camera. It would be nice if someone hacked into them and we could have a chat, I'm sure they're lonely and just want someone to talk to them and listen. Lol.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks pretty good, I was going to go with them but went with something cheaper. Amazon specials, $50/camera. It would be nice if someone hacked into them and we could have a chat, I'm sure they're lonely and just want someone to talk to them and listen. Lol. View attachment 2442442

Now you can see if some stranger sneaks in and plows your snow for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now you can see of some stranger sneaks in and plows your snow for you.
Well there's the other 2 on the house 1 forward facing and 1 back facing the shop, but this was the only screen grab I had handy. Trying to convince the honey to stay home as a full time security guard again will be a tough sell, haha.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I recently installed Arlo Ulta cameras. Easy install , setup. cameras are knight vision, infrared light, auto flood light, auto zoom tracking, 4k resolution. no wires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
27 Posts
At night,
the higher a IF-camera is mounted you will lose in distance visibility.
Increase the area lighting will help with any mounting location.

As reference
I have 2 1080p cameras mounted about 27ft high & works very very well during the day but had to mount cameras down lower to get any reach/distance at night.

Ive been considering the idea of installing a large inferred light to get better reach/visibility in my front yard.

I installed cameras due to a neighbors dog was killing animals in the surrounding neighborhood (that I know of 9 animals were killed) & was also running loose (referred to as "At Large") at night which is a class-3 misdemeanor in my county.
Animal Control finally collected the dog a year after I installed my camera system as I got it killing another animal on camera several houses down. (My security systems harddrive has been recording 2yrs straight so far).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts