My Tractor Forum banner

installing 48" deck on X320 problem

10859 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Markcuda
I am re-installing the deck after installing the mulch kit in it. I think I can figure everything out except for one detail. I do not know how to unlock the deck lift pedal. I did lock it by moving the pedal all the way to the back of the lawnmower. I tried pushing forward on the pedal, but it will not unlock. The height adjustment is set for the lowest position. I cannot see anything that is binding. This is my first time removing/installing a lawnmower deck. So I am a newbie at this. Please help.

Thanks,
bvollrath
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I don't have an X320 but the manual mentions:

5. Unlock lift latch handle.

6. Pull lift pedal by hand to lower draft arms. Hold pedal securely and lock lift latch handle.

Have you tried fooling around with that, whatever it is?
See less See more
It looks like it is B:

See less See more
Yes, I have the manual, but it is not very helpful. My wife figured it out. You have to pull back on the handle while pushing down on the hand lever to release it. It was a lot of futzing around, but I got the deck on?

The manual also mentions putting the draft arms that connect to the deck into the "transport" position. Do you know how to do this? I might have to do that when I have the snowblower on in winter. Thanks.

bvollrath
See less See more
Yes, I have the manual, but it is not very helpful. My wife figured it out. You have to pull back on the handle while pushing down on the hand lever to release it. It was a lot of futzing around, but I got the deck on?

The manual also mentions putting the draft arms that connect to the deck into the "transport" position. Do you know how to do this? I might have to do that when I have the snowblower on in winter. Thanks.

bvollrath
Glad you (or she ;) ) got it figured out. I believe transport mode refers to raising the deck as high as it goes and locking it at that position.
See less See more
On the draft arm, there is a right and a wrong way to install them.
Are you aware of that?
The arms came installed. I haven't removed them. It seems like the simple things sometimes baffle me. How do I put these arms into the transport position?
Transport position is when the arms go all the way up... For example, with the mower deck on when you push the lift pedal all the way foward and then pull up on the lock lever, this is the transport position. The same thing happens without the deck on, the arms go all the way up... In this position the arms hang parallel with the frame and hang just below it.

As for when they are stuck in the up position, you do what your wife did...
See less See more
TO put the arms in transport position push the lift pedal forward and pull the dash lever up :thThumbsU
A draft arm is what is in the front of the mower deck, it goes over the front roller, that is what I meant when I said there is a right and a wrong way that this draft arm goes on.
Google a draft arm and see what you get.
Edit=I guess there are front and rear draft arms, me bad.
That makes total sense now. Sometimes it takes me a while to understand stuff. I wish the manual explained things more. It brushes over steps like I am suppose to understand what they want me to do. Thanks for everyone' help.

bvollrath :thanku: :thThumbsU
Markcuda Yes you were referring to the front draft arms which are removed when the snow blower is attached ( and do have a right-side up!!!)Very important when they go back on in the spring !!!!!!!!!
bvollrath You do know you can adjust the height of the blower ( ***-u-me-ing a JD#44) with the same dial you use for the mower height. And you lock the blower up in the transport mode just like the mower deck, lowering ( releasing ) it by the button on the dash that you had trouble finding ( using or whatever) '@ the beginning of the thread.
See less See more
Just a tip for you. I have had a time trying to put the J pins back in the lift arms. You have to square the deck off as perfectly as possible and then as you get close, shake the deck until it aligns itself and pops in. Once you get the one J pin in, the other side goes in easily. You may not be having the same problem as me, but thought I would mention it anyways. I love my x320!
See less See more
On the J pins, you can cut down the spring just a little, makes all the difference in the world for getting the holes aliened up.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.