My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just Got In!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Great to find this site while searching for an old lawnboy mower.

Grew up in a landscaping company here on Long Island. Back in the day before large rotary mowers were used. We cut all lawns with two Locke triple reel mowers!! Yes we had two or three Hauns Eclipse rotary mowers for timming,

Well, years later i purchased a top discharge staggered wheel Lawnboy for my home. Sadly, it died. Over the years i have bought 3 mowers. I miss the Lawnboy and odd as it is, they no longer make them the good old way. Those top discharge units with the black plastic discharge tube could suck the grubs from the dirt. Here in the east when the leaves start droping we need mowers that suck!!!

So, I joined to see if I could find a way to get my hands on an old LawnBoy or even parts and build one myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all and be well!:thanku:

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
Craigs list, Craigs list that is all :fing32:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Welcome to mtf.:fing32:

I have a bunch of nice older and newer Lawnboys I need to unload. Tell me what you want.

·
Just Got In!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI,

Thank you for letting me know.

I am just looking for a Top discharge, staggered wheel, self propelled machine.

Aluminum body if possible. As long as the drive case works, I am willing to refit it with a newer engine if need be. I just think the older lawnboys cut and pick up so much better than anything offered today, except maybe a HI VAC Snapper, for the home owner of course.

Let me know what you have and the pricing and we can go from there.

Thank you again for your help and concern.

Dom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts