My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BX2200 (D905-E engine) and I have rebuilt most of the engine and would really like to see it start (smile). I think I may have a problem with the injectors, but would like some input. When I remove the lines from the fuel injection pump to the injectors, fill the injectors with fuel, and turn the engine over it throws the fuel a few feet into the air thus emptying the injectors. Is that what it should do or should the injectors effectively be a check-valve and not allow air from the cylinder to come back through the injector? Basically I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace the injectors. I just put a new fuel infection pump on the engine... Thoughts?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I cant say for sure, but are they all doing it?? I would find it odd if they are all bad. One maybe. Hopefully somehere with experience on that will chime in

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
The injectors will spray unless they're completely clogged, which is not likely. Most likely, the fuel system has to be bled (crank the engine with the lines loose at the injectors-not the pump), or for some reason the pump is not delivering fuel. New complete injectors can be very expensive. If in doubt, take them to a diesel shop to be tested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I replaced the fuel pump (after replacing the fuel filters and still not getting any fuel flow out the line at the engine) and then replacing the fuel injection pump (after getting nothing out of it - with good fuel flow to it). Then when I bleed everything up to the fuel injectors and try to start it, it won't start. When I take the fuel distribution lines off again, I see that the fuel injectors look empty (2 of the 3 completely) - where I would kinda expect them to be full of fuel. That's why I did a test of just putting fuel into the fuel injectors (a syringe works great) and turning it over. The fuel shot out of the injectors a few feet into the air. Given there was no backpressure from the fuel distribution lines, but I thought that the injectors would allow flow in only one direction - fuel into the cylinder. I was hoping someone could tell me if I'm thinking right or not (me not a diesel mechanic). Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Another thing you could try is to remove the air intake hose and run the engine on WD40. It may help bleed the system and will do no harm to the engine like ether would.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really?? I had no idea you could run a diesel on WD-40... Also, if I pull a glow plug how warm should it get when I hook it to a battery?

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Orange to yellow heat. If you see white vapor in the exhaust when cranking the engine, you have fuel with no ignition. If you don't see any vapor, you have no fuel. WD 40 works great as a momentary fuel.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just be careful how much you spray in there! Remember, a diesel's speed is regulated by the fuel, not the air; too much fuel and it could start to run away! Better off to start off with lighter sprays than heavy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts