My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Sadly My grandfather recently passed away, and I wound up inheriting his sheds full of tractors. The one he drove all the time for years is a really odd craftsman that I cant seem to identify, I found a print ad of it online, but finding anything about it at all, or if parts are still available has been a wild goose chase. It was one of the best running mowers he owned at one point, so Any help identifying it and finsing parts would be appreciated. I think it has something wrong in the front end as it has trouble making left turns. Not sure whats is still available for it if anything.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,908 Posts
Here's link to vintage Sears tractor site. Might help you out. Good luck & let us know how you make out.
Maybe late '70s vintage like this one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i'm waiting for my registration email from that site, doesn't look like its too active anymore. Thanks for the help thus far. I figured it was late 70's early 80's. I'm going to try and fire it up next week. Figure a good carb cleaning and spark plug cleaning and it should fire off. Just have to find a way to fix the steering on it. One wheel definitely isn't sitting the correct way on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AH HA! Ive made some progress. From what I have found pictures of online it might be an LT 10 of the late 70's vintage. Now I just need to find parts.

·
2,873 Posts
I believe it was made by Roper...I had a Custom 6 from a little earlier time period, and although small was a really good little tractor ...very well designed and constructed....if it has a Tecumseh engine it might be hard to get parts for that, but the carbs are available and inexpensive...I had similar steering problem...there are no grease fittings on the steering mechanism...the tie rod ends were shot on mine and I had to come up with a "red neck" fix that worked...since then I have found other sources for the "ball joint" tie rod end that are a much more satisfactory and permanent repair....good luck with it ..here is link to that repair....good luck with it...and fond memories of your Grandfather...by the way...what other tractors did you inherit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mark! That will definitely come in Handy. I actually have a fleet of them i'm going through, he was the neighborhood repairman who would cut everyone's lawns for "fun". Think we're going to sell most of them at some point but i'm trying to see what runs first. So Far in the the frist garage There a big Wal Mart Murray, a small wal mart Murray automatic. A rear engine lawn chief. A rear engine Internation Havester cub cadet. That one has foot pedals for forward and reverse, I remember riding that one. The craftsman. And there's a big Dynamark 16/42 I used to drive as a kid I might move on to once I sort out the craftsman. Theres another shed and some more under tarps I haven't gotten to yet. He had a bolens husky 600 i took years ago I never got around to finishing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Mark! That will definitely come in Handy. I actually have a fleet of them i'm going through, he was the neighborhood repairman who would cut everyone's lawns for "fun". Think we're going to sell most of them at some point but i'm trying to see what runs first. So Far in the the frist garage There a big Wal Mart Murray, a small wal mart Murray automatic. A rear engine lawn chief. A rear engine Internation Havester cub cadet. That one has foot pedals for forward and reverse, I remember riding that one. The craftsman. And there's a big Dynamark 16/42 I used to drive as a kid I might move on to once I sort out the craftsman. Theres another shed and some more under tarps I haven't gotten to yet. He had a bolens husky 600 i took years ago I never got around to finishing.
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sounds like the kind of guy you would want as a neighbor no matter who you are. Keep us updated on what you find in the fleet. I am pretty useless when it comes to whats wrong with your steering, ive only ever had problems with racks with missing teeth and them not being centered properly so it turns alot more the one way than the other. Doesn't sound like your issue but figured id say something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is the model number I came up with. 131.96991 Should know more tomorrow when I go to get it running. Figure a little starter fluid and a battery and I should be good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts