My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
In short yes.
The 80 suffix is compatable with the 200 series.

the 84 is designed to work with both 200 and 400 series. It will fit, but it is not recommended by ingersoll to use the 80 on a 400 series. You are fine on a 222

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Essentially, Drew answered your question and he has given you mostly correct information. To expand a bit further, the 80 was initially designed for the 200 series but if you add the optional "wings" to the sides of it, the cutting width will be increased from 38" to 42" and that allows it to be used on the wider 400 series tractors.

The 84 blower will fit both series of tractors but it is not recommended for use on 10 and 12 hp models by Case in their Planning Guides. All the same, owners of 210's, 220's and 222's have stated they use the 48" wide blower quite successfully by not pushing it too hard. The type of snow being cleared plays a huge part in how well the larger blower performs on the smaller hp tractors.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Just ordered the "wings" from Brian for an SB series snowcaster, they`re only $24 each
Your model may differ somewhat.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Essentially, Drew answered your question and he has given you mostly correct information. To expand a bit further, the 80 was initially designed for the 200 series but if you add the optional "wings" to the sides of it, the cutting width will be increased from 38" to 42" and that allows it to be used on the wider 400 series tractors.

The 84 blower will fit both series of tractors but it is not recommended for use on 10 and 12 hp models by Case in their Planning Guides. All the same, owners of 210's, 220's and 222's have stated they use the 48" wide blower quite successfully by not pushing it too hard. The type of snow being cleared plays a huge part in how well the larger blower performs on the smaller hp tractors.

Gee Castoff, I just bought my R80 snowblower last night from Matt over at the yahoo page, having it shipped next week, and had spent about two hours prior to seeing the question here studying the parts list on the ingersoll website. I got my info directly from the application chart in the manual, how am I "mostly" correct? Not trying to start a debate, just wondering what part wasn't correct?
edit, nevermind... WE both went a bit far volunteering info since the OP only asked about a 222, so the answer only really applies there. No big deal.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Gee Castoff, I just bought my R80 snowblower last night from Matt over at the yahoo page, having it shipped next week, and had spent about two hours prior to seeing the question here studying the parts list on the ingersoll website. I got my info directly from the application chart in the manual, how am I "mostly" correct? Not trying to start a debate, just wondering what part wasn't correct?
edit, nevermind... WE both went a bit far volunteering info since the OP only asked about a 222, so the answer only really applies there. No big deal.

I can clear that up for you, no problem. :trink40:

If you go back to the parts PDF, you will see an X in the boxes where the snowcaster is proper for the tractor model but you will also see the number 1 in boxes where the snowcaster will fit but is not recommended.

All of that aside, parts books are simply parts books and nothing more. The chart shown in that parts book does not alter what all of the sales literature put out by CASE said while they were in charge of making these tractors. Case included an "applications chart" in every Planning Guide and all I did was quote what Case said so please don't shoot the messenger. And that chart you looked at contradicts all of the old charts when it says it's OK to put a 48" blower on a 222. Printing errors happen all the time.

Lastly, if you look in that parts book you were relying on so heavily, you won't even find a mention of the optional "wing kit" that makes a 38" snowcaster into a 42" snowcaster. This kit makes the 38" model cut a swath wide enough so that the 400's tires don't drive over fresh snow, pack it down while throwing the tractor off kilter. And that kit is still available for current models today in case you would like one. Brian has sold a few of them to members.
:thThumbsU

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
You're correct, I did not know about the wing kits until just now.

I answered the question before bed last night because I know a lot of folks are on here in the morning and didn't know if the OP needed to know sooner.

Plus I thought it was kind of interesting that I had JUST been researching that same snowcaster right before I looked at the forum, figured it was fresh in my mind.

I worked out a deal with the gentleman for his snowcaster R-80 and tiller L-74 and have already sent payment last night, so I hope that the OP wasn't asking about the same unit I just bought,

I know the thread from mowerman about his 444 PK was full of horror stories about losing out on deals so I got it all took care of so that couldn't happen to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts