My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ingersoll 4018 and a link to an Ingersoll 224, the 224 has a hole in the tank. I have purchased a used tank off eBay but I am interested in finding long term replacement tanks. Are there any fabricators for metal tanks, plastic tanks, etc. that have done the R&D and looking for some return on their efforts.

The Ingersoll tank is pretty straight forward rectangle.

My welding skills are pretty much nil and that's bragging!

CCMoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Most people repair the tanks, the metal ones, if you coat the inside will last for many many years. the metal tank in my Case 155 is over 50 years old and in near perfect shape.

Por-15 and others offer fuel tank coatings that will seal small holes in the tank and protect the tank from Ethanol going forward. POR-15 Fuel Tank Sealer

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people repair the tanks, the metal ones, if you coat the inside will last for many many years. the metal tank in my Case 155 is over 50 years old and in near perfect shape.

Por-15 and others offer fuel tank coatings that will seal small holes in the tank and protect the tank from Ethanol going forward. POR-15 Fuel Tank Sealer
The tank on the 224 is plastic and has about a 3/4" hole at about the two thirds full point. It's the FIL machine that he bought through IH while working in Moline welding combine panels.

The 4018 has the same or very similar tank that I'm expecting the same issue to evolve some day.

I don't know if

INGERSOLL

are still in business and using the same tank or a compatible alternative.

CCMoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ingersoll is gone. There are New old stock parts and used parts available from several different outlets. C43889 } REPLACEMENT FUEL TANK KIT

I have no experience with 224's but it looks like they used the same tank as the 4xx. and I have a metal tank from a 446, that I scrapped that might fit. I'm not sure. Barneveld implement can probably help with that.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check with Barneveld and possibly interested in your scraped one also.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts