My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Great used Ingersoll 3014 picked up a few years ago with 500 hrs on the meter. Has been my primary mower for 3 acres and hauled many trailer loads of ...everything. I have enjoyed the heck out of it. A few minor repairs and routine maintenance... so far so good!

It seems to be time to replace bearings in the RM44 deck of this 3014 GT. They are rumbly when turned by hand w/o belt in place. It looks as if the pulley does not come off the shaft. So does the entire shaft get driven up through the spindle with the pulleys attached? Or something completely different. As always thanks for any advice you share.
Thanks,
MM

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Spray some penetrating liquid on the spindle shaft at the blade mount and also under he pulley and let the assemblies soak awhile. Put a bolt in the spindle and drive each one out. Apply some more penetrating liquid around the bearings.
Remove the spindle housings from the deck.
Next, you will need to drive out each bearing, top and bottom from the housings. Use a flat punch and work your way around the diameter of the bearings to drive each out. These are common bearings; 204rr6. Use anti-seize on the exterior of the bearings. Don't forget to install the bearing spacer on the spindle shaft.
Fill the cavity in the spindle housing with grease to exclude water.

·
Buster
8 Posts
Western SC, I have a cracked spindle housing I have to replace soon and the exploded views in the parts manuals at Salem Power Equipment LLC were really helpful. I purchased a new housing from them today and other parts from them in the past. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, ING3018 and Ingerdeere! Just the right info to get these spindles out. Bearings were a little more trouble, so I tried the old mechanic's trick of stiking an arc on the ID of the bearing. Really just a great way to zap some heat to the unit. And it was easier for me than getting out a torch or heat gun.
A side note that these free wooden wire spools that come available from time to time are great shed workbenches. This one had a drilled hole for the cable which fit nicely to the spindle housing. Just drove the bearings out and caught the greasy rascals in an old bag (saved the spacers of course!!)
Awaiting parts and then I'll put it back together.
Thanks again,
WesternSC

Attachments

·
Buster
8 Posts
WesternSc, I bought part Number C45899 with bearings already installed. I have not replaced the old one yet but I'm interested to see how you reinstall the spacers with the blade adapter. Good pictures. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts