My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here with some questions about an Ingersoll/Case 110 Lawn Tractor that I own. I haven't ran it in about four years due to an electrical problem, I've since replaced it with another tractor. I lost my job recently and have all kinds of time on my hands so I decided to pull it out of the weeds and mess around with it. It needs a starter, key switch, battery, and a dc contactor. Is this thing worth putting parts into? If I remember right, it was a nice tractor, just kinda small. What are these little guys worth? Does anyone know where I can get a replacement DC Contactor for it online? All help is very appreciated.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
That motor is very common to many small tractors. the parts you mentioned should be fairly cheap and easy to come by.

First off before you decide to put any money into it go over the whole thing and see what it would cost to turn it into a useable (saleable) mower.

Can you post pics when you get it dug out?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
The 110's were made from 1981 to 1985. If your's says Ingersoll on it, then it would have to be an 84 or 85. To the best of my knowledge, these are not a highly sought after model in the collector world. Even if you do the necessary repairs to put it into working order, you will still have a 24 year old lawn tractor that might bring $300.00 on a good day.

I would expect that a new starter would cost $80.00, a battery $30.00, key switch $20.00 and the start relay $10.00 for a total of $140.00. If this tractor has been sitting "in the weeds" for the past four years, then I have to wonder what the paint and seat is like. Since you don't seem to have any intention of restoring this tractor for your own personal use, my advice would be to just clean it up with a pressure washer and put it up for sale as a non-operating unit on Craig's List or Kijiji.

Ask whatever you wish for it and let the local responses dictate what it finally sells for.

Essentially, you could drop the $140.00 into this LT and end up selling it for less than that amount.

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
i doubt the whole starter went bad but it could have.does the starter just need a $5 bendix gear or or is the whole starter bad? most of the time the starters on briggs engines eat the plastic bendix gear which is a cheap fix.if you are wanting to just tinker around with it,you could look around for a used mower with the same engine to pick up cheap (one with a bad rearend or such) and use the engine and other parts from it to try to get yours going.it would be cheaper then buying new parts supportly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts