My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My cousin has an Ingersoll 4120, this is the one that is all hydraulic everthing, he has an issue with the rear pto (this is the newer style located by the HI/LO gear selector beneath the seat) it keeps popping out when engaged any thoughts?

I forgot to ask him if he's using a case drain, but I know he has used this before.

See this thread.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=143493

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
There is a very clear detent in the PTO handle mount which should prevent this. However, I think it is possible to install enough out of position that it could fall out of the gate. Never had this issue ... but seems possible. Also, if the centering spring in the valve is bad/broken, it would not put enough pressure on the gate to hold it in position.

Brian

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give him a call and touch base with him, he would have posted the question himself but was having trouble getting on line.

We have to get him an upgrade on his PC, we finally talked him out of the abacus and into a Etch a Sketch now if we can just get him a into a little more high tech... oh say at least a Commodore 64. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why would you have a rear pto in that thing. cant you just run the roto tiller off of the same lines that the deck hoses use?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Why would you have a rear pto in that thing. cant you just run the roto tiller off of the same lines that the deck hoses use?
All the attachments run off of the PTO on the AH models. The deck hoses come to the rear of the tractor and plug in there. When using the tiller, the deck is removed. The tiller plugs into the same spot as the deck did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts