My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have the Ingersoll Case 3016PS tractor and of late, I've been having a lot of hydraulic leaks. Just hoses for now but just recently the hydraulic pump has begun to leak around the shaft.

I was wondering where everyone is getting their Ingersoll tractor parts. I'm looking for a hydraulic pump (C33579) or a rebuild or seal kit (C32955)

Is Ingersoll Case still in business up there in Maine? I know they moved up there just a few years ago and now their web page has gone away. Or have they got another web page?

Before I pull the engine off again and remove everything, I want to make sure I can get these parts.

Any help locating parts would be appreciated.

Joe in central VA

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
yep, they are still there but have a new web page: ingersolltractors.com.

Also, I recommend you go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/casegardentractors/
Great bunch of case/ingersoll knowledgeable guys as well as some dealers that can provide any parts you might need.
Sounds like you really need to join the forum above! If you don't have a local dealer, Brian Hildret of this and Case GT forum is an Ingersoll dealer and will give you good , fair service, and at competitive prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents for the info. I will look into all these solutions.

As far as fluid in the hydraulic system, after my first leak, I began using a hydraulic fluid from Tractor Supply called Traveller All Season Hydraulic oil SAE 20. Then I had to pull the motor to get to the flywheel to get to the ignition rotor which went bad. Boy was I happy when I got it all put together and it started. I was quite proud of myself just before the vacuum of the motor fan got hold of the rag I was holding, jerking it off my hand and wrapping it so tight around the pump shaft that it took me 2 hours cutting to get the rag outta there in threads.:crybaby:
Anyway it ran fine the rest of the season and in February I noticed fluid all over the place which I traced to the hydraulic pump. Did I do that, using the wrong fluid, or was it the rag, or was it just its time to fail? In any event, it leaks slightly and I'm using the tractor as it is. But I'm ready to tare into it again and replace the pump and some more hoses.

Anyway thanks again for all your help.

·
Landscaping Nut
1,362 Posts
Suppose to use motor oil per factory and owners manual. The systems designed for it. That may have contributed to the leaks. Many use Shell Rotella.

·
Landscaping Nut
1,362 Posts
I'd remove the deck.

I'd lift the tractor up and put it on some jack stands or jack up at least the rear.

Locate the travel control valve between the frame rails just back of the control tower. Near the front on the right shoulder of the valve body is a screw able plug that can be removed with hex key/Allen wrench.

Locate a pan or 1 gallon jug or two to collect 6 qt of fluid. Remove the plug. You can speed it up by starting the motor which will pump it out real fast. Cut off the motor long before your funnel or container is close to full.

When you have it all out put some pipe compound on the plug threads, reinstall tightly to prevent leaks. Fill oil reservoir with enough fluid that level is 5 -6 inches below neck of reservoir.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You should get a owners manual and parts book for that machine. Contact Brian Hildret of this forum he can help you.

What you do is under the travel valve inlet port you will find a little allen screw, remove that, put a pan under it, unplug your sparkplug wires and then crank the engine until it looses a steady stream of oil.

Once you have refilled it you may also put your High/Low selector in the neutral position start it up and operate the travel valve in both directions. Oil is full when your 5" to 6" from the top of tank.

If you choose you may want to repeat this procedure after running it a bit, but make sure you never run the pump with no oil in it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I'd remove the deck.

I'd lift the tractor up and put it on some jack stands or jack up at least the rear.

Locate the travel control valve between the frame rails just back of the control tower. Near the front on the right shoulder of the valve body is a screw able plug that can be removed with hex key/Allen wrench.

Locate a pan or 1 gallon jug or two to collect 6 qt of fluid. Remove the plug. You can speed it up by starting the motor which will pump it out real fast. Cut off the motor long before your funnel or container is close to full.

When you have it all out put some pipe compound on the plug threads, reinstall tightly to prevent leaks. Fill oil reservoir with enough fluid that level is 5 -6 inches below neck of reservoir.
I suggest that you NOT run the engine. If you make a mistake, and don't stop in time, you could damage your pump. The better choice is to take the spark plugs out so the engine will crank easily, and just crank it over until the flow stops being full. Then let the rest drain out.

I agree that you should purchase an Owners manual. The parts manual is available for down load, free from IngersollTractor.com

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The riskless choice. Sell it and pay somebody to do your yard work.
Well, Sir, it is his choice, if he wishes to risk damaging his pump to save a couple of minutes draining time, he should go for it!

Won't cost me nor you, a dime!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I still haven't changed out or repaired the hydraulic pump. But the tractor hasn't run for over a year either. The recession had other plans for me and my tractor. Mainly I was laid off from work, then my wife was laid off, then I almost lost the house, then I found out I was diabetic (no wonder I was so tired all the time), then all my cars broke down. So now I an working again and the doctor gave me some pills and I have regained my strength. I'm working on the cars again. The tractor still took a back seat till the other day. I replaced 2 more leaking hoses and the pump was leaking just a little. I put the Rotella motor oil in it and it stopped leaking and I thought it might have helped but it didn't. And it leaks even with the tractor off, so I'll be ordering a seal kit for it real soon. My yard is a mess and I need this tractor working again. I still have leaves from 25 trees to collect.

I still love the tractor because it's built so **** well. It's an amazing piece of equipment.

See ya

·
Registered
492 Posts
Its great that you are back to work, that does wonders for a person. And good your health is under control. Hope you have got your manuals. Brian can get parts for you. Good luck!!:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well I still haven't changed out or repaired the hydraulic pump. But the tractor hasn't run for over a year either. The recession had other plans for me and my tractor. Mainly I was laid off from work, then my wife was laid off, then I almost lost the house, then I found out I was diabetic (no wonder I was so tired all the time), then all my cars broke down. So now I an working again and the doctor gave me some pills and I have regained my strength. I'm working on the cars again. The tractor still took a back seat till the other day. I replaced 2 more leaking hoses and the pump was leaking just a little. I put the Rotella motor oil in it and it stopped leaking and I thought it might have helped but it didn't. And it leaks even with the tractor off, so I'll be ordering a seal kit for it real soon. My yard is a mess and I need this tractor working again. I still have leaves from 25 trees to collect.

I still love the tractor because it's built so **** well. It's an amazing piece of equipment.

See ya
Great to hear that your luck has finally turned! No, putting fresh and correct oil in, will not stop leaks, but is a good effort in restoring your tractor. Good luck with the seals and hope you get your yard squared away real soon! Keep us posted!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts