My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1993 ingersoll 3014 for free with 972 hours on it. This thing has given me nothing but problems. What I thought was going to be a easy fix turned out to be one swift pain in the a$$. I was having problems with the eletrical system i.e voltage regulater and voltage sensor. Now I having carb problems because some wood chuck put the wrong machine screws in the top of the carb and cracked it. The tractor was severly mistreated. I don't mine putting a little money in somthing but not if it isn't going to be pay me back in the end.

Anyways I am wondering what people think of this 14 horse briggs vangaurd engine. Are they decent when they run right? Are they reliable? Or should I sell it and get a three digit model?

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Vanguards are as good an engine as any other premium engine. Ingersoll went to Vanguards when the Linamar and Onan engines ceased being produced and they still put Vanguards in their latest models. So, if I were you I'd spend whatever is necessary to repair what you have and then make that tractor you weekly mower and dedicate your 224 for pulling duty only.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vanguards are as good an engine as any other premium engine. Ingersoll went to Vanguards when the Linamar and Onan engines ceased being produced and they still put Vanguards in their latest models. So, if I were you I'd spend whatever is necessary to repair what you have and then make that tractor you weekly mower and dedicate your 224 for pulling duty only.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I just want to make sure this thing was worth putting money into. I will put some pics up when I can.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey castoff I think I will put those 26s I have on this tractor to mow the lawn. That would be a sight. LOL

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
. I don't mine putting a little money in somthing but not if it isn't going to be pay me back in the end
As "someone" here has stated, you can`t really expect to profit from this or any other hobby. But, hey, you got it for free, throw some dough at the poor thing. Once you get past the frustration, it`ll be "worth it"

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
As "someone" here has stated, you can`t really expect to profit from this or any other hobby. But, hey, you got it for free, throw some dough at the poor thing. Once you get past the frustration, it`ll be "worth it"
You can with a small boneyard behind the house and very understanding neighbors.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
I am suffering from "boneyard envy" I only have one junker out there, a white lt1850. No CASE parts at all.
:sorry1:

the rest of my clutter is my implements and I need to get on building that lean-to add on for my shed for those before winter.

What the neighbors can't see...they can't complain about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts